Charles Silbernagel
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'll admit that I'm a fan of Mantic Games figures and products. I play Dreadball frequently and am in the process of building models for Deadzone.

I quite enjoy Sedition Wars (now that Universal Head has made usable cards and rules), and own Doom but haven't played it much. I'm looking at buying Level 7: Omega Protocol and Project Pandora. I realize they're not really similar, but based on what I own, would adding PP:GC to my collection be worth the $50 investment? Is there enough game there to justify it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
___Shetland pony___ ___extra pepperoni___
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have all the games you mention there bud. I got my copy of Pandora for around the $30 mark, and I think that is all its money. Although it is a boxed game, all the components fit in a small ziplock bag. Said components, are very basic and the rules are pretty light. So i treat this one as travel edition space hulk, or generic si-fi corridor explorer, in my pocket! I would say get it, but 2nd hand or trade only. Oh, and get L7 OP, its fantastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Silbernagel
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the feedback. I'll have to keep an eye out for a used copy then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Dale
United Kingdom
Loughborough
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hans4rd wrote:
I have all the games you mention there bud. I got my copy of Pandora for around the $30 mark, and I think that is all its money. Although it is a boxed game, all the components fit in a small ziplock bag. Said components, are very basic and the rules are pretty light. So i treat this one as travel edition space hulk, or generic si-fi corridor explorer, in my pocket! I would say get it, but 2nd hand or trade only. Oh, and get L7 OP, its fantastic.

Apologies Lee for digging this thread up again. I see Mantic are selling this at £14.99 this weekend to coincide with their open day. Do you feel it's worth it at this price, just for a punt?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Silbernagel
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I wish I had waited for the sale. I ordered from mantic about a month ago. A friend and I just played a few games of Grim Cargo and is was fun, but $60 does feel quite expensive. I'd happily get it on sale for $25 or $30 though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls