Popular Tags: [View All]
Nate Merchant
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Can English noble blocks retreat from battle from Scotland into England if there are friendly units in England?

2) Herald card: successful play of a Herald card into a space with two enemy units creates a battle.

Is the battle resolved immediately, before the other player resolves Movement? And is the converted noble the attacker or defender?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hammond
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes.

2) I believe the battle is resolved after movement, just like any other battle. The converted noble would be the attacker, and any additional arriving troops would be reinforcements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich
United States
Northern VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Natus wrote:
1) Can English noble blocks retreat from battle from Scotland into England if there are friendly units in England?

2) Herald card: successful play of a Herald card into a space with two enemy units creates a battle.

Is the battle resolved immediately, before the other player resolves Movement? And is the converted noble the attacker or defender?

Hey Nate,

Speaking purely from recent hours spent reviewing rules and card text I believe the proper answers are:

1. Yes, if England is friendly (or vacant) and assuming Scots did not originate the attack across the border in question I see nothing in the rules that would preclude such a retreat to England. The border from Teviot would impose a 2 block per round retreat limit because it is red.

2. From the text on the card (2nd edition) it appears the battle would be resolved immediately before the other player moves ("If a battle results, resolve it NOW [my caps] with the defecting noble as the attacker".

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
I have third edition and in it the card states that the battle is resolved immediately but I don't know if previous editions ere the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.