Subject: Minefields and Boxes in Reserve? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Cierniak
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Rule 12.4 (page 14) states the following; regarding Minefields and Boxes being placed in reserve. Minefield and Box units can be put "in reserve" there too, but cannot exit for the duration of the turn. This could be useful if you are attacking into an enemy map, but have no need for your fortifications.

My question is this, why would you ever place these units in RESERVE? Once built don't they just sit in your Force Pool until you need them from turn to turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
Québec City
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffswar wrote:
Rule 12.4 (page 14) states the following; regarding Minefields and Boxes being placed in reserve. Minefield and Box units can be put "in reserve" there too, but cannot exit for the duration of the turn. This could be useful if you are attacking into an enemy map, but have no need for your fortifications.

My question is this, why would you ever place these units in RESERVE? Once built don't they just sit in your Force Pool until you need them from turn to turn?

If nuilt they have to be placed somewhere once an offensive starts, like all the other units. So it's either placement on the map, or barring this in the Reserve. Once a battle turn begins you cannot keep units "out of the action" completely.

But then... It could make for an interesting optional rule (i.e: the units are deployed waaaay back on another map). With some good effects, and perhaps some weird/bad too. Let me think a bit about this. meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Cierniak
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks once again for the quick reply Carl. You win the Gold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
Québec City
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffswar wrote:
Thanks once again for the quick reply Carl. You win the Gold.

When at my computer I always keep the BGG page open... meeple

And about the Optional rule: Perhaps just having no limits in the number of units you can put in the Reserve box should be enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Cierniak
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sounds good Carl, just let us know when it's official.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
Québec City
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffswar wrote:
Sounds good Carl, just let us know when it's official.

Yes sir! Let me make extra-sure this will work seamlessly. I'll check my old design notes (a big pile of folders) to verify why exactly I limited the number on the first place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls