Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike King7
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game looks fun but the component issues makes me want to stay away. So...as the Clash say(ask)...Should I stay or should I go?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I kickstarted it and haven't had the courage or patience yet to try playing it. Not only are the components bad quality, but the rules will make your head spin.

This is not the game I expected it to be. I suggest finding something else to buy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Lockard
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Logan Godfrey
United States
Rigby
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this game. I would wholeheartedly recommend this game. The only issue with components are the turn order markers which can easily be fixed with a little tape or glue. The rules are very thorough although the gameplay isn't hard once you understand it. If you like games that have a co-op feel but always run the risk of being stabbed in the back by your friends I would recommend it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Frogman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
logalog wrote:
I love this game. I would wholeheartedly recommend this game. The only issue with components are the turn order markers which can easily be fixed with a little tape or glue. The rules are very thorough although the gameplay isn't hard once you understand it. If you like games that have a co-op feel but always run the risk of being stabbed in the back by your friends I would recommend it.

And that is acceptable? To OP, do not buy this game, even if it is 90% off. This is coming from someone who KS'd for $80. Gave it one shot and gave it away. IF the game had good components, and a solid rule book, it would be an OK game, but there are so many quality games that are great and don't have such flaws. This company either doesn't care about quality or they simply do not have the knowledge to bring a quality product to market. In 2014, why would you settle for less. Just look at their Kickstarter track record. See how many times they had to cancel their projects? That should tell you something. They are continuing to have problems with delivering their miniatures project and they have the nerve to run another kickstarter (pyg farmer)?

Anyways, I don't blame Rich for trying over and over again, its commendable. I certainly couldn't have had as much success as him as he did with storm the castle, but he just did not deliver on his promises and keeps digging himself further into a hole and should not have anymore campaigns on KS.

Personally, I do like the art.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Logan Godfrey
United States
Rigby
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it's acceptable for someone's first kickstarter when the printing company mess up your print run. Every new company needs some help and people that can't take a little time to fix small problems by themselves are just plain lazy, it took me a whole 30 seconds to fix. Besides that the only issue the box is heavy much thicker than I seen in any other game so it holds up and the insert is nice and even fits all the stuff that he jammed in there. The game is a solid game and cover's many aspects that I haven't see in other games so it stays in my collection and gets played. Cancelling projects are bad we are all learning and it shows that Rick is always striving to improve and get better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Deutschlander
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will sell you or trade you my $80 Kickstarter edition. All cards are sleeved and the game is in the same condition as it arrived. I played it twice and was super disappointed. This game helped me become much better at researching board games that come out on Kickstarter. After playing it twice with two groups of friends I couldn't find anyone that wanted to play it again...ever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It also helped me to become better at researching KS games, but I haven't even had the courage to give it a play. Kudos to you, Greg, for being able to do that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls