Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven McBride
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GoG is amazing. Silent Service 2 has been calling my name recently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:
hipshot wrote:
I'm interested in that title "wargame:airland battle" for a discount

I picked it up and the the previous one for all of $15 on a Steam sale quite a few months ago. Worth every red cent. Awesomely fun games.
I saw that but must have missed it. I kept being pushed thru to the 49.99 price or some such.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
Budo and boardgames...
badge
...weapons and wargames
mbmbmbmbmb
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:
hipshot wrote:
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:
hipshot wrote:
I'm interested in that title "wargame:airland battle" for a discount
I picked it up and the the previous one for all of $15 on a Steam sale quite a few months ago. Worth every red cent. Awesomely fun games.
I saw that but must have missed it. I kept being pushed thru to the 49.99 price or some such.
Aw damn. soblue That bundle was a helluva steal.
Bought it and playing it (well, still the tutorials).

I love how you can seamlessly zoom in and out in this game from a map with symbols (game-, NATO-, or custom-, apparently you can choose) to individual tanks!

max zoomed out - - - - - - - - max zoomed in
my recently approved VGG screenshots for Wargame: AirLand Battle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian S.
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
01010011 01001000 01000001 01001100 01001100 00100000 01010111 01000101 00100000 01010000 01001100 01000001 01011001 00100000 01000001 00100000 01000111 01000001 01001101 01000101 00111111
mbmbmbmbmb
Can these games be played online against others if the original game did so?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was a big fan of the idea of R.U.S.E., the predecessor of these games. I loved the way when you zoomed out it was to a base where they were pushing around tank models with their hands, whereas you could zoom in to each individual tank. TotalBiscuit's video of it where he played H2H against someone was my preview, and I bought the game cheap.

I almost bought the two Wargames, but held back due to the fact that I already own TMG (Too Many Games)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
Budo and boardgames...
badge
...weapons and wargames
mbmbmbmbmb
TMG is unpublished.

No-one ever owned TMG!

Spoiler (click to reveal)
My joke would be better if you used a spoiler!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Moe45673 wrote:
I was a big fan of the idea of R.U.S.E., the predecessor of these games. I loved the way when you zoomed out it was to a base where they were pushing around tank models with their hands, whereas you could zoom in to each individual tank. TotalBiscuit's video of it where he played H2H against someone was my preview, and I bought the game cheap.

I almost bought the two Wargames, but held back due to the fact that I already own TMG (Too Many Games)
My kids and I play RUSE online in private matches its a lot of fun.
Of course my 12 year old gets online, and learns all the hacky cheap tricks to win while I plod along being all historical... Little pecker head.

This looks next level and very interesting. I need it on sale so I can get 2 copies if I like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike W
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GOG has a Valentine's day thing:
http://www.gog.com/promo/valentines_day_promo_140214

Includes
Wargame: European Escalation for $3.99

Anyone know if this is any good?

There's a bunch of other decent games there, too, including
Dungeon Keeper for free
ArmA II: Combined Operations
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault (hmm looks the GOG bundle may have more than just this..)

and much more..

Edit: added more games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex H.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
welcome your reptilian overlords!
mbmbmbmbmb
kenosha_kid wrote:
Not to mention System Shock 2 for $1.49!! thumbsup

It's a great game but not running too well on my Mac.
Shame, I really like the atmosphere. Might have to try installing it under Win....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
egg_salad wrote:
GOG has a Valentine's day thing:
http://www.gog.com/promo/valentines_day_promo_140214

Includes
Wargame: European Escalation for $3.99

Anyone know if this is any good?

There's a bunch of other decent games there, too, including
Dungeon Keeper for free
ArmA II: Combined Operations
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault (hmm looks the GOG bundle may have more than just this..)

and much more..

Edit: added more games
d.loading Wargame EE now. 3.99! whoot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
Budo and boardgames...
badge
...weapons and wargames
mbmbmbmbmb
hipshot wrote:
d.loading Wargame EE now. 3.99! whoot.
Cool. Let us know how you like it.

Also, maybe mark it as 'owned' on VGG. I would like to play online, but if possibly I would prefer fellow BGG/VGG users over a random crowd of bad mouthed W:EE-pros .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
well I have not got past the 2nd mission. This real time stuff is a major beat down.

You can see the whole map when paused not make adjustments to 'things'

grrr.

Very sexy graphics etc, need to work out how to get my guys to travel on the road when I ask them to...

I like the fighting in 360 degrees, crap pops up every where.

Not sure this will get a lot of play from me long term, I can't imagine trying to build all the troops and fight a live opponent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
Budo and boardgames...
badge
...weapons and wargames
mbmbmbmbmb
It takes a bit practice, yes. But then, I do like the realistic approach: cover is crucial, can't have too much recon, etc.

From the top of my head: if you use the "Move fast" button, your units will use the roads (unless over the fields is even faster).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
added some of my pc titles to my profile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
_Kael_ wrote:
It takes a bit practice, yes. But then, I do like the realistic approach: cover is crucial, can't have too much recon, etc.

From the top of my head: if you use the "Move fast" button, your units will use the roads (unless over the fields is even faster).
In the solo game, I would have liked to have seen pause or time slow down option. Its my only gripe.
I dont enjoy clicking thru all teh 'educational' stuff every scenario to re boot when I screw up.

I also dont yet understand what is giving my resources to allow more purchase. practice practice.....or OCS...hm not a hard choice really.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
Budo and boardgames...
badge
...weapons and wargames
mbmbmbmbmb
hipshot wrote:
_Kael_ wrote:

In the solo game, I would have liked to have seen pause or time slow down option. Its my only gripe.
I dont enjoy clicking thru all teh 'educational' stuff every scenario to re boot when I screw up.

I also dont yet understand what is giving my resources to allow more purchase. practice practice.....or OCS...hm not a hard choice really.
Resources: killing enemies and holding areas (with a command vehicle) : Alpha, Brave, etc.

Love the OCS pic, esp. the arrows with flags. If you lived next door, we would be playing this FtF. But seeing my personal situation, W:EE / W:ALB is the better choice for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
_Kael_ wrote:
hipshot wrote:
_Kael_ wrote:

Resources: killing enemies and holding areas (with a command vehicle) : Alpha, Brave, etc.

Love the OCS pic, esp. the arrows with flags. If you lived next door, we would be playing this FtF. But seeing my personal situation, W:EE / W:ALB is the better choice for me.
indeed. i hear ya man. Move to Austin!
In the mean time I found skirmish mode.
What hours are you online?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
Budo and boardgames...
badge
...weapons and wargames
mbmbmbmbmb
Mostly in weekends - but not this weekend...

most of my gaming is done between 22:00-0:00 CET. Of course, anything is possible with some planning.

You can probably find me in either Steam or the Eugene battle server if you look for KaelNL - I believe that one also have some sort of friend-list-functionality. Though I haven't really looked into it - yet.

That said - wouldn't it be nice to see if we can somehow see which BGG wargamers play what video-wargames and somehow link up? I don't play a lot online. But as said: I would prefer the BGG audience over some random typical online crowd to game with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Steam Summer Sale should be any day now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
Budo and boardgames...
badge
...weapons and wargames
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Steam Summer Sale 2014 has officially begun this afternoon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |