Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan
United States
Maitland
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received my copy of the game. So far, so good, the game looks cool. I do have a question. I've been following along with the rule book comic, and on page 10 it has the knight hitting the female character with a 3 power attack. The commentary then puts the female at 16 health. Why is that? Shouldn't she be at 17?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're absolutely right, she should be at 17 life.

I believe Eligor's "Chained" style used to have a power modifier of +1 instead of +0. I bet that the card and the power total was changed, but the math wasn't fixed up, so it still says "16" instead of "17".

[Edit: Eligor was one of the four characters released at the end of 2012 as part of the Devastation print-n-play preview. So someone could check this. But regardless, I agree that Chained Burst has power 3, and that when somebody gets hit by a power 3 attack at the start of the game, they have 17 life left!]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Perepelkin
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
grasa_total wrote:
Eligor's "Chained" style used to have a power modifier of +1 instead of +0. I bet that the card and the power total was changed, but the math wasn't fixed up, so it still says "16" instead of "17".
Yup. Just checked early versions of Eligor, Chained indeed had +1 power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
Join us to learn and watch games played at youtube.com/watchitplayed
mbmbmbmbmb
One other little typo to look out for:

Page 12: Eligor uses 3 Vengeance tokens and the example says (when using the third one in the ante) that he is using is “last one”, but he starts the game with 2 Vengeance and the Soak 2 he used earlier would have given him 2 more – for a total of 4. When he used the Soak, he also took a single damage, and by default anytime he takes damage he gets a Vengance token, so he really should have had all five and after anteing 3, would have two extras left over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Maitland
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for clearing that up guys. I felt that I was missing some rule, and now I know better. You'd think they'd check and re-check the teaching comic for mistakes before publishing. Oh well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Phillips
United States
Knoxville
TN
flag msg tools
mbmb
jmw23 wrote:
Thanks for clearing that up guys. I felt that I was missing some rule, and now I know better. You'd think they'd check and re-check the teaching comic for mistakes before publishing. Oh well...

I think this was a case where the character was changed right before going to print. ("Hey, we are due to send the files to the printer tomorrow, but this card is too powerful. Let's change the +1 to a +0"). However, after changing the card, they forgot that it was directly referenced in the rulebook (or the rulebook had already been sent to print).

There are a couple other "glitches" like this, such as the rulebook referring to Arec having a token, but the name is wrong because it was changed at the last minute.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cgrater wrote:
jmw23 wrote:

I think this was a case where the character was changed right before going to print. ("Hey, we are due to send the files to the printer tomorrow, but this card is too powerful. Let's change the +1 to a +0"). However, after changing the card, they forgot that it was directly referenced in the rulebook (or the rulebook had already been sent to print).
It's not as simple as that, as they did update the card image that also appears within the comic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls