Recommend
9 
 Thumb up
 Hide
70 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Eldritch Horror» Forums » General

Subject: Tentative Forsaken Lore Expansion Component List rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mariano Rico
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Numbers taken from FFG website (News and About sections). If followed by ? then is my estimation, not the confirmed number.

200+ cards

140+ Encounter cards
- 88 Research cards
- 36?Location cards
- 6? Expedition cards
- 6? Other World cards
- 6? Yig Special Encounter cards

14 Mystery cards (6 for Yig + 2 for every other AO)

24 Condition cards (2 new types at least)

? Assets cards

? Artifact cards

? Spell cards (1 new type at least)

? Mythos cards

8+? Monster Tokens (1+? Normal / 7+ Epic)

1 Yig Ancient One sheet
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariano Rico
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Worth to note :

We probably get 36 new Location cards, which is the same ammount we got in the base game already. So they are pretty much doubled.

88 new Research cards compared to 32 we got in the base game. Wow.

20 new conditions to add to the original 36. Not bad either.

Every GOO now have 6 mysteries each.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C David Dent
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Someone else did this math, but
we got 8 Research cards for each GOO
so 88 Research card -8 for Yig means that the remaining 80 are distributed between the 5 Goos - so 16 each. Bringing the total Research cards to 24 for each GOO.

Of the 20 conditions, expect there to be at least 3 of each specific condition. Probably more of the condition "poisoned"

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MrDave2176 wrote:
Someone else did this math, but
we got 8 Research cards for each GOO
so 88 Research card -8 for Yig means that the remaining 80 are distributed between the 5 Goos - so 16 each. Bringing the total Research cards to 24 for each GOO.

Of the 20 conditions, expect there to be at least 3 of each specific condition. Probably more of the condition "poisoned"


We know two of the conditions are brand new - Poisoned and Lost in Time and Space. But this surely does not account for all 20. Most likely several those are additional copies of existing conditions, only with new flip effects.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariano Rico
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterDinadan wrote:
MrDave2176 wrote:
Someone else did this math, but
we got 8 Research cards for each GOO
so 88 Research card -8 for Yig means that the remaining 80 are distributed between the 5 Goos - so 16 each. Bringing the total Research cards to 24 for each GOO.

Of the 20 conditions, expect there to be at least 3 of each specific condition. Probably more of the condition "poisoned"


We know two of the conditions are brand new - Poisoned and Lost in Time and Space. But this surely does not account for all 20. Most likely several those are additional copies of existing conditions, only with new flip effects.

We definitely needed some more Dark Pacts and Debts.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renjie Zhou
Belgium
Baal (Tremelo)
Vlaams Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like a few more Blessed conditions.

Since i capped out when playing 4-5 players few times.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
koraldon
Israel
holon
flag msg tools
mbmb
I think there is going to be well more than 200 cards, maybe even 250+ - the product says it need 4 green sleeves (150-200 cards, same amount of sleeves like base game) and 2 yellow sleeves pack (50-100 cards, one pack less than base game).
So I would guess we get somewhere between 160-180 large cards, and 60-80 small cards.
This doesn't include new monster tokens.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Nassau County
New York
flag msg tools
I'm really happy about the extra research cards. Those are the ones that I seem to have to shuffle during the game each time I play.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Gardner
Canada
Oshawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Saigetsu wrote:
I would like a few more Blessed conditions.

Since i capped out when playing 4-5 players few times.


WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW wait you had THREE different people blessed at once???? How the hell?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Honig
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A good spellcaster with Blessing of Isis?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There'll be some new standard monster tokens too. At least one of them is a Cultist. This can be derived as Yig has you set aside six cultists, and there are only five in the base game.

Edit: I also expect there'll be only one Cultist, so we don't need to deal with Cultists from the cup that are different to the set aside ones (at least until the next expansion which will probably again add more Cultists.) Given this, and that just over 1 in 7 monsters are Cultists in the base game, I'd expect a total of 7 or 8 standard monsters (including the Cultist) in Forsaken Lore to keep the ratio consistent.
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariano Rico
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
There'll be some new standard monster tokens too. At least one of them is a Cultist. This can be derived as Yig has you set aside six cultists, and there are only five in the base game.

Edit: I also expect there'll be only one Cultist, so we don't need to deal with Cultists from the cup that are different to the set aside ones (at least until the next expansion which will probably again add more Cultists.) Given this, and that just over 1 in 7 monsters are Cultists in the base game, I'd expect a total of 7 or 8 standard monsters (including the Cultist) in Forsaken Lore to keep the ratio consistent.

Great catch and very reasonable deduction. Will update the Component List accordingly.

Now the next question is...which new monsters are coming?

From the basic Mythos Lore (and other AH line games) I think the most probable candidates are :

Fire Vampire
Crawling One
Flying Polips
Formless Spawn
Ghasts
Great Race of Yith
Hunting Horror
Servitor of the Outer Gods
Star Vampire
Tcho-Tcho


3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben E
United Kingdom
Irthlingborough
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tcho-Tcho are mentioned on some of the base game cards so would be good to see them as actual monsters.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Busby
United Kingdom
Southampton
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You ought to add known cards:

Massa De Shagguy Requiem
Poisoned (condition)
Lost in Time and Space (condition)
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Bruder Tod, zu unserem Gastmahl, steig hervor aus Staub und Erden. Alles Leben ist ein Sterben, alles Sterben ist ein Werden.
Avatar
mb
Acererak wrote:
Clipper wrote:
There'll be some new standard monster tokens too. At least one of them is a Cultist. This can be derived as Yig has you set aside six cultists, and there are only five in the base game.

Edit: I also expect there'll be only one Cultist, so we don't need to deal with Cultists from the cup that are different to the set aside ones (at least until the next expansion which will probably again add more Cultists.) Given this, and that just over 1 in 7 monsters are Cultists in the base game, I'd expect a total of 7 or 8 standard monsters (including the Cultist) in Forsaken Lore to keep the ratio consistent.

Great catch and very reasonable deduction. Will update the Component List accordingly.

Now the next question is...which new monsters are coming?

From the basic Mythos Lore (and other AH line games) I think the most probable candidates are :

Fire Vampire
Crawling One
Flying Polips
Formless Spawn
Ghasts
Great Race of Yith
Hunting Horror
Servitor of the Outer Gods
Star Vampire
Tcho-Tcho


There will certainly be a Yig Epic Monster; and my guess goes with some AO-specific monsters from the core set (since FL seems to implement the core set, and not only go with Yig). So, I'd guess a Hydra Epic Monster could be a good one. Maybe something more, dunno.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Winter
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both Mother Hydra and the Winged Serpent epic monsters are essentially confirmed - they're mentioned in connection with mysteries, at the very least.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K AM
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Looking forward to this expansion, but I wish there were a few new Investigators.

KAM
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariano Rico
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
WinterSpartan wrote:
Both Mother Hydra and the Winged Serpent epic monsters are essentially confirmed - they're mentioned in connection with mysteries, at the very least.

Winged Serpent, Hydra, Children of Yig and Yeb are all mentioned in the web already as being included in the Expansion. Yig is not mentione specifically, but definitely he will be an Epic Monster as well.

Hydra and Yeb are both connected (cannot be otherwise) to Cthulhu and Shubby new Mystery cards repectively. Is not hard to imagine that probably Yog and maybe Azathoth can get new Epics, so we could have more than 5.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariano Rico
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
KAM1138 wrote:
Hello,

Looking forward to this expansion, but I wish there were a few new Investigators.

KAM

There might still be. I highly doubt they revealed everything included just yet. The Investigator cards are exactly the same size as the GOOs, so is not a matter of box space...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Bruder Tod, zu unserem Gastmahl, steig hervor aus Staub und Erden. Alles Leben ist ein Sterben, alles Sterben ist ein Werden.
Avatar
mb
Acererak wrote:
KAM1138 wrote:
Hello,

Looking forward to this expansion, but I wish there were a few new Investigators.

KAM

There might still be. I highly doubt they revealed everything included just yet. The Investigator cards are exactly the same size as the GOOs, so is not a matter of box space...
That's true, but if you look at the specifics of the product or the specific website, there's no trace of investigators, but mysteries, assets and so on are listed. So, I won't hold my breath hoping for new investigators. Maybe with the next one?

Still, I'm rather happy with the content, many too decks were too skinny and now they seem to have a decent size
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G B
United States
Crown Point
Indiana
flag msg tools
NO! I'M SPARTACUS!
badge
I will find Myntokk and I will eat him.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
In Arkham, new investigators were only added in the large box expansions. This seems to be a small expansion.

Just a FYI, as I don't know what their plan is for EH.

But, that comparison seems fair.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The investigator cards aren't an issue, surely, but new investigators also means new cardboard figures and plastic bases. Maybe it's not economical to package those things in small quantities.

It doesn't appear we will be getting any other new cardboard (no tokens or anything) so I think there just won't be any at all.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Monsters require a cardboard sheet, I believe.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariano Rico
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlet Witch wrote:
Acererak wrote:
KAM1138 wrote:
Hello,

Looking forward to this expansion, but I wish there were a few new Investigators.

KAM

There might still be. I highly doubt they revealed everything included just yet. The Investigator cards are exactly the same size as the GOOs, so is not a matter of box space...
That's true, but if you look at the specifics of the product or the specific website, there's no trace of investigators, but mysteries, assets and so on are listed. So, I won't hold my breath hoping for new investigators. Maybe with the next one?

Still, I'm rather happy with the content, many too decks were too skinny and now they seem to have a decent size

There is no exhaustive component list there (just the hints and numbers I recopilated for this very thread), and logic tells me at least a couple new Investigators should be coming. Is actually the easiest game component to expand since it does not itneract so directly with many others, like some of the other cards do for example (there is the balance part, of course). And heck, is one of the most wanted new goody from the community, and they seem to be listening according to everything else included (Research cards boost)

Anyway, lets not hold our breath, just in case, yes. They need to reserve something for the Big Box expansion.

I am also quite happy with everything they added. Is much more than I expected, actually.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariano Rico
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ghbell wrote:
In Arkham, new investigators were only added in the large box expansions. This seems to be a small expansion.

Just a FYI, as I don't know what their plan is for EH.

But, that comparison seems fair.

Yes, but in AH you couldnĀ“t fit an Investigator sheet in the small box, I believe (nor were any new AOs included in those for that matter). In this one you will. And then make the box bigger just to include ONE Ancient One sheet?

THERE ARE cardboard token components confirmed with the Monsters, so again, one more point for Investigators included.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |