Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Evan Pedersen
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
For those who don't know, Mystery Date had a door in the center of the board that held a deck of cards. The knob on the door had a tab underneath that would grab certain cards based on die-cut areas, in effect acting as a bit of a randomizer.

What I'm thinking is recreating that look, of a single deck that would show a different card, but not make it so random and not based on a plastic mechanism, perhaps incorporating a memory element of some kind.

Not sure if I'm being clear or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Mucchiello
United States
Edison
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
Clear? Yes. But is this a question or is it an announcement? I'm not sure what you expect from this post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
old punchcards for looms/computers might lend you an idea. cards could have slots in one or more locations along an edge. Then , low-force probe or pin could be put through one of the positions, then you allow all cards underneath the card that stops the pin to 'fall away', and reject the slotted cards above it that allowed the pin thru. So, a card is selected randomly.

In addition, cards could be grouped over time as well, creating sets, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Pedersen
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
jmucchiello wrote:
Clear? Yes. But is this a question or is it an announcement? I'm not sure what you expect from this post.

I'd like to blame my poor English skills, but nope, just stupid. This was more of a "any ideas how to make this possible" thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls