Hide
10 Posts

Krosmaster: Arena» Forums » Rules

Subject: Passing an opponent (lock or not) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Crandall
msg tools
I jsut want to make sure I am playing this right- the only time you are locked is if your opponent starts a round next to another payer?

If you are not next to an opponent but you walk by them then lock does not come into play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Dang
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 23, it says if a character wants to move out of a cell adjacent to an enemy, you gotta roll for lock. Nothing in the rules says lock only applies if you start your turn next to an enemy. Also, locking stacks, so if you are moving out of a cell that has 2 surrounding characters, you gotta roll a lock once for each of those characters, applying any lock modifiers to each one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Crandall
msg tools
NeoGenesisX wrote:
Page 23, it says if a character wants to move out of a cell adjacent to an enemy, you gotta roll for lock. Nothing in the rules says lock only applies if you start your turn next to an enemy. Also, locking stacks, so if you are moving out of a cell that has 2 surrounding characters, you gotta roll a lock once for each of those characters, applying any lock modifiers to each one.

My interpertation of that is that you started the round in the spot and your are trying to escape. It says in the book it is like dissingaging. If you start away from an opponent but you need to walk by them (on the space next to them) then I don't beleive you need to roll for lock....

See it is not really 100% clear. How does it work online?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Dang
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Every time you pass a unit, you gotta roll. That's how it works online. They try to explain it that way, but think about the passing by part like basketball, you can try to bodyblock a player to stop them from moving past you with the basketball. Same concept here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Crandall
msg tools
NeoGenesisX wrote:
Every time you pass a unit, you gotta roll. That's how it works online. They try to explain it that way, but think about the passing by part like basketball, you can try to bodyblock a player to stop them from moving past you with the basketball. Same concept here.

Ok - I got it then- That makes sense to me and makes the game more tactical but the directions are pretty terriable on explaining this. The directions should just say that any time you are next to an opponent (starting or passing by) you need to roll for lock.

I have had a bunch of issues with these directions- the book looks nice but the directions jump around to various different places and they are not 100% clear in many situations....

I will start playing lock like you stated..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Dang
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it takes awhile to get it. The rule book is not exactly the best organization, but at least it's beautiful to look at

If any questions comes about the rules, just post it on the forum. You usually see like 1 every week or two pop up. Someone will come help you clarify it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Crandall
msg tools
NeoGenesisX wrote:
Yeah, it takes awhile to get it. The rule book is not exactly the best organization, but at least it's beautiful to look at

If any questions comes about the rules, just post it on the forum. You usually see like 1 every week or two pop up. Someone will come help you clarify it.

Thank you for the help.wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Folsom
United States
Wilmore
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So let's say X is an opponent and O is my guy. I have 5 MP

| | | |
| X | | X |
| | O | |

My O guy wants to move up 1, my opponent rolls 2 dice for lock (assuming they don't have more from tension or powers). I succeed and am now in the middle of those two Xs (1 square up). I use another MP to move up again, would they get another roll or is it only once per turn?

I kinda asked this question on another rules forum post. I also wanted to know if summoned creatures like a Tofus lock as well. If so, do the summoned creature roll another die if the Queen has a lock die on her?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Dang
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, every time you pass the person, you'll get locked. In your example, you would get locked twice in effect.

Summoned creatures by default can lock. For Tofus, you'll notice that it has the itty-bitty power. That means it cannot lock people and it does not block line of sight. Also look at the block doll token. It has the Lock effect, which gives it 2 dice instead of 1. So unless otherwise said, all summons can lock with the standard 1 die.

And no, powers do not transfer from summoner to summoned creature. Not by default at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Otte
Germany
M√ľnster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
themaster408 wrote:
So let's say X is an opponent and O is my guy. I have 5 MP

| | | |
| X | | X |
| | O | |

My O guy wants to move up 1, my opponent rolls 2 dice for lock (assuming they don't have more from tension or powers). I succeed and am now in the middle of those two Xs (1 square up). I use another MP to move up again, would they get another roll or is it only once per turn?

The first step is wrong. You can move up the first step freely. The rules say, that a roll for lock is made, if you move from a cell that is adjacent to one or more opposing characters.

Adjacency is defined only over edges, not diagonally. So, in your original position you are not adjacent to any opposing characters. So no roll is needed for the first step.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.