flag msg tools
designer
publisher
aka Uncle
badge
小富靠勤,中富靠智,大富靠德。
mbmbmbmbmb
Excerpt from Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Chapter 34

After narrowly escaping capture by Cao Cao during the aftermath of the Battle of Guan Du, Liu Bei seeks refuge with Liu Biao, ruler of Jing Zhou.

During a feast with Liu Biao, Liu Bei takes temporary leave to use the washroom. Whilst going about his "business", he notices his inner thighs are not as lean and as muscular as they used to be. He sobs uncontrollably at this sight.

Upon returning to the feast, Liu Biao notices Liu Bei’s teary eyes and asks why.

Liu Bei lets out a long sigh and replies:

"Bei used to ride horses on a daily basis, resulting in lean and muscular thighs. I have not been riding much recently and just noticed my thighs have gained much fat. Leading a sedentary lifestyle and reaching old age but not having made significant progress in my career. It saddens me!"

It is perhaps ironic, but playtesting has taken away a lot of our board gaming time over the past couple of years. We are approaching 200 plays of Three Kingdoms Redux. Playtesting is winding down and tends to be a less formal affair these days. We are happy with the balance of the game and recent playtests are more for spotting spelling errors and such.

Taking the place of playtesting is artwork, manufacturing and logistics. Artwork is reaching its climax; We are anxious to get the game board right in terms of functionality and aesthetics. My Significant Other has also been spending lots of time liaising with the manufacturer, and planning the logistics of storing and selling Three Kingdoms Redux via the online shop.

As such, our gaming time continues to be reduced. It is no secret that our favourite game is Agricola with Farmers of the Moor. We used to play it on a weekly basis, but this has reduced to biweekly or even monthly. During our most recent play, we found ourselves suffering from multiple bouts of AP, something we have not experienced since our days of learning it.

It was during one of these lengthy episodes of AP that we turned and sighed to each other,

"We've lost our Agricola mojo?!"

Three Kingdoms Redux
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls