Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt
United States
Central Coast
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm playing solo as Coalition, and the Government and Taliban are eligible. Partnering Policy (CGWT) comes up.

"Coalition or Government executes any 2 free Limited Operations."

The rulebook says
ADP Rules wrote:
8.1.... Operations Not Limited. Whenever a Non-player Faction is to execute a Limited Operation (2.3.5), it instead executes a full Operation and Special Activity. Ignore the Final Event Card restriction (2.3.9).
So does this mean the Government (which takes the event) does TWO full operations with accompanying special activities?

EDIT: I now know this is the first example of government play in the solo example in the playbook, but doesn't that example contradict (8.1)?

This seems VERY powerful, but the only other options that occur to me (execute 2 limited ops, or just execute one full op plus special activity) contradict the rules.

I'm doing the two full ops for now, but I'll rewind if this is wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Guttag
United States
West Chester
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"So does this mean the Government (which takes the event) does TWO full operations with accompanying special activities?"

Matt,

No, like in the playbook, the Non-Player Government does 2 separate LimOps (i.e., in 1 space for each LimOps), no Special Activities (SA). In this instance, the card (Partnering Policy) overrides the normal OPs + SA. You also select each LimOp (sequentially, not together) based on the Non-Player Factions priorities (in the case of Non-Player Government, often a Train Op or possibly a Sweep Op, but only in 1 space for each LimOp).

"I'm doing the two full ops for now, but I'll rewind if this is wrong."

If you're doing each Op only in 1 space, you're fine. If not, you'll need to "rewind" to do each as a separate LimOp. Don't worry, you're not alone in having to "rewind" a turn, or even realizing later (like I did several times) playing a particular Event/Op/SA incorrectly for many games! That's part of the "fun" for me, i.e., learning the rules and what the some Card text really means.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Central Coast
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that was my first instinct, since card text usually overrides any rules it contradicts, but a) this card doesn't really contradict 8.1, since 8.1 covers this case, and b) I wasn't quite sure how to execute limited ops for a non-player faction since limited ops aren't part of any of the flowcharts or non-player turn discussions in section 8. They aren't mentioned at all after 8.1, as if they can't happen.

(It isn't hard to house-rule it, of course, because the priorities can usually point to the single space you'd use, but I thought it was odd that it wasn't mentioned anywhere.)

I guess I was just over-thinking it.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am pretty sure that LimOp is what happens. But I definitely see your point that following the letter of the law would seem to indicate that you would do full Ops and Special Activity in this case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
calpurnio pison

rafelbunyol
valencia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
take a look at this:

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/13744252#13744252

i hope this thread were useful!