Thumb up
1 Posts

Doom: The Boardgame» Forums » Sessions

Subject: What a blast.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Spohr
flag msg tools

this is my first session report,so be gentle!
We played Doom before,like 3 or 4 times (always 3 Marines) and the Marines always lost.I've only seen one Marine victory,that was when I played against my wife...and she kicked my ass.
Anyway,after downloading the expansion rules from FFG we tried the first scenario again (without the expansion pack,but with the "new" rules).There were three marines (all boardgame-veterans from descent,previous doom-games,WoW,etc) and we startde right of.
They knew the scenario (the first one) and smashed through my monsters to reach the BFG.One of the marines had the chainsaw and killed a lot of monsters (always referring to the chainsaw as a chainFIST, because he's a huge Warhammer 40k fan). Also they used their orders pretty well.
They had plenty of ammo and didn't waste it...but finally the last room.
I kept some cards for the final attack on them, so I played darkness and two rage cards (on the hellknights) and spawned a mancubus.One of the marines fired the BFG,but didn't do much damage.So I slaughtered two of them,getting the final two frags I needed to win.
So it's true,it's hard for the marines to win,but they were close.
It could have worked out for them,but I had the rigth cars at hte right time giving them hell. And as the Invader-Player - that's your job!!!
It was great fun,for all of us.
Now I've bought the Expansion Pack and we're looking forward for another session.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.