Popular Tags: [View All]
Randy Evans
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens when I purchase Monster Batteries, place energy on them, double the energy from the bank and then another player buys the card from me with Parasitic Tentacles?

Options:

1) They get all my energy cubes subject to the same time limitations (2 per turn). I get bupkus.

2) I give the card but immediately get all the energy on the card. They can use the card as if they bought it new.

3) I give the card but get the energy at the rate of 2 per turn. The can use the card as new.

4) I get my energy back. The bank gets its energy back. The other player gets the card as new.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Ibsen
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say 1, but that does seem quite harsh....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The way the card is written, I almost lean towards 1, but that is really rough.

In fairness, 4 seems the way to go. I'm curious how others would call this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Alderman
United States
Shady Spring
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Trust me, I am not the Traitor.
badge
For Orcs there is no other life but WAR!
mbmbmbmbmb
I vote number 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
1 I think. Given that it's a card that keeps some of your cubes safe from being stolen by lots of other power, being able to be trumped by another single power seems reasonable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Boyll
United States
Kuna
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All the energy on the card goes to the bank and the purchasing player treats it as if he bought it new from the stack. Remember that the player with tentacles pays the card cost to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Williams
United States
Stockton
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
All the energy on the card goes to the bank and the purchasing player treats it as if he bought it new from the stack. Remember that the player with tentacles pays the card cost to you
This sounds correct.
I believe there was another thread similar to this one or it might have been related to mimic card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls