David Lockwood
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a feeling the kickstarter was CHEAP compared to what the retail is going to be....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a feeling you are correct in your thinking...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StevenE wrote:
I have a feeling you are correct in your thinking...

Agreed.

Dragon expansion alone probably tripled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seamus O'Toole
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Compared to the retail price maybe, but expensive compared to the ebay price after people realise the game itself is terrible and everyone is trying to recoup some of their loss.

I'm kidding, it's hopefully going to be great, but it's a gamble.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lockwood
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I knew it to be true, but I was hoping someone would pop and be all like "No, no man! The price will only be slightly different, Your good man, your good!"

Also Tuathail why do you think the game is going to suck?

EDIT

Haha just read your small print, agree about the gamble part. Every kickstarter is always a gamble.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
tuathail wrote:
Compared to the retail price maybe, but expensive compared to the ebay price after people realise the game itself is terrible and everyone is trying to recoup some of their loss.

I'm kidding, it's hopefully going to be great, but it's a gamble.

And you know this because....? Obviously you have some sort of anger issues with this game. shake

edit......of course you would have to read the small print. goo

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Kingery
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
And it will go for even more when the game kicks ass. then people will really be kicking themselves as the price skyrockets!!!!!

Love the small print.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Meh". Aren't people sick of plastic on a map and overpaying? I've played most of the recent heavy hitters and TBH, they suck. There's such a gluttony of these games that's it's just stale, overplayed and uninteresting anymore. Boardgaming has become such a treadmill of average to sub-par flash and little substance that I've actually gone back to playing videogames. Me want innovation, not another roll some dice, add modifiers, spend action points, play cards....zzzzzzzzzzz. I don't care how pretty the pieces and art are because in the end that's not what matters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:
"Meh". Aren't people sick of plastic on a map and overpaying? I've played most of the recent heavy hitters and TBH, they suck. There's such a gluttony of these games that's it's just stale, overplayed and uninteresting anymore. Boardgaming has become such a treadmill of average to sub-par flash and little substance that I've actually gone back to playing videogames. Me want innovation, not another roll some dice, add modifiers, spend action points, play cards....zzzzzzzzzzz. I don't care how pretty the pieces and art are because in the end that's not what matters.

And Kingdom Death is nothing like the others. You cannot put this in the same stratosphere with any other miniatures game. Period.

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Teamski wrote:
skyzero wrote:

And Kingdom Death is nothing like the others. You cannot put this in the same stratosphere with any other miniatures game. Period.

-Ski

I tend to agree with Ski... but we wont know either way until we have the game on our tables.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Kingery
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I jumped on the KS because of the miniatures. I own quite a few and can say I have enjoyed painting them more then playing any video game.

To each his own that is the wonderful thing about free choice. I am much more of a painter myself so I am content to paint my pretty pieces of art.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
You don't need any more.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Teamski wrote:

For whatever reason the word 'overhype' comes to my mind when reading comments like this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DeePee wrote:
Teamski wrote:

For whatever reason the word 'overhype' comes to my mind when reading comments like this one.

While I am very much looking forward to it.
And I believe it will quickly become a favorite in my collection.
I would not be able to agree with this sentiment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
DeePee wrote:
Teamski wrote:

How is this overhyping? I was simply saying that KD is completely different than any other miniatures game out right now. Where am I wrong?

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls