Rick Sheppard
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played 7 or so games now and I cannot see myself spending 2 guys and the resources (many of which require at least 2 other guys in prior rounds to acquire) for any of the special buildings. I even have the first expansion. They all seem so expensive for what they do.

Tell me why they are so great.

What one is your favorite? If you see it out, its the one you MUST have, why?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serena
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't need to put two of your stones there to build a special building. There are two spots there for two separate builds (you could build two special buildings or you and your opponent could build a special building in one round etc.).

Beside the power they give you. They can help you to make meadows and they help you to fill your farm expansions to make more points. Sorry, I have a German edition and I'm not sure how those things are all called in English.
The special powers could give you lots of points, let you get some animals or get a cheap spot to put your animals.
The special buildings get even more important once you play with at least one expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, you don't need two workers on both special building locations to get a special building; they are separate worker places. See rulebook ( http://zmangames.com/rulebooks/Agricola_2P.pdf) page 7:
Quote:
There are two of these action spaces, meaning that up to 2 workers – including 2 from the same player – can build a special building each round. Whenever you use this space, build no more than 1 of the special buildings available by paying the building costs shown on the building and then adding it to your farm.

They are really quite useful, not just for fencing off areas of farm, but for allowing a LOT of animals. A special building with a feeding trough on it can hold a LOT of animals on just that one square! That's a lot of potential points housed on a very small area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Sheppard
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Irgendwer wrote:
You don't need to put two of your stones there to build a special building. There are two spots there for two separate builds (you could build two special buildings or you and your opponent could build a special building in one round etc.).

aahhhh! I had misinterpreted the rules. Now I can see how they are useful. Dang it! Okay. Thanks for this tip.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls