Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Next trip: Gen Con!
badge
Phelanpt Feb 11, 2:15 PM: evils have mostly stood by and watch goods fall. except for emme. she's spinning them round and round.
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish someone had posted this before I bought this expansion.

I bought The Werewolves of Miller's Hollow: The Village. The rolecards included with The Village are thick cardboard tiles.

The rolecards for The Werewolves of Miller's Hollow: Characters are NOT thick cardboard tiles. They are regular cardstock (think playing cards).

Additionally, the rolecards for The Werewolves of Miller's Hollow: Characters are way larger than the tiles from The Werewolves of Miller's Hollow: The Village.

In other words, The Werewolves of Miller's Hollow: The Village is NOT compatible with The Werewolves of Miller's Hollow: Characters.

I am pretty pissed off about the lack of notification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the description of The Werewolves of Miller's Hollow: The Village -

Quote:
Note that The Werewolves of Miller's Hollow: Village is both a standalone game and an expansion for the original game, although the card sizes in Village differ from those in the original game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also a thread asking about compatibility with Village on the Characters page:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/989965/

On the broader point, yeah, it's annoying that they have three physically-different versions of the game, but it's understandable that the expansions are compatible with the standard version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rider
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree this is bad design. Game makers need to make solid decisions when they first release a game, and then stand by it and make expansions compatible.

Maybe you can find The Pact on sale somewhere. I did, and it includes __everything__ from all the expansions, and done so that it's all compatible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls