Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Douglas Ortiz
United States
Clifton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I finally have my template layers set up for easy use for myself. These are some alternate arts for the Schemes from the game I did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Freeman
United States
Mooresville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Wow..these are Nice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Ortiz
United States
Clifton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a few new ones for Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game – Paint the Town Red

Edit: Finally did this one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Folsom
United States
Wilmore
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy cheese, how come the game doesn't have it like this? It would be so much better!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Bell
Australia
Dandenong
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These are really Impressive Douglas keep up the good work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MoonSylver
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
themaster408 wrote:
Holy cheese, how come the game doesn't have it like this? It would be so much better!

Agreed. Love the game, but would have liked a little more variety in the artwork, especially when it comes to things like this.

Another set of cards that could use it IMO is the Bystanders. I think it'd be cool to have Bystanders specific to included Heroes (like M.J., Aunt May, etc.).

Or at the very least several different Bystanders images, rather than just all the same one.

Or both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Ortiz
United States
Clifton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
M00NSYLVER wrote:

Another set of cards that could use it IMO is the Bystanders. I think it'd be cool to have Bystanders specific to included Heroes (like M.J., Aunt May, etc.).

Or at the very least several different Bystanders images, rather than just all the same one.

Or both.

My other thread
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MoonSylver
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chim007azo wrote:
M00NSYLVER wrote:

Or both.

My other thread

Very cool! TBH, I wouldn't even need them to have special abilities (although there's nothing wrong with that...). Even just plain bystanders with new/Hero specific art would make me happy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Ortiz
United States
Clifton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
M00NSYLVER wrote:

Very cool! TBH, I wouldn't even need them to have special abilities (although there's nothing wrong with that...). Even just plain bystanders with new/Hero specific art would make me happy.

Challenge accepted
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MoonSylver
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chim007azo wrote:
M00NSYLVER wrote:

Challenge accepted

No challenge, just an observation. I had considered trying it myself at some point, as I've got a little bit of practice w/ GIMP under my belt, but I'd dare say your efforts are much better than what I could produce, so if you do produce a set of these, so much the better! laugh

I'm not up to date on recent comics either, so I have no idea who would be the current "Dependent NPC's" for all the current Heroes either (or even if it would be desirable to have a "complete set" anyway).

Spidey has 2 of the most iconic one's in M.J & Aunt May (out of the Marvel line up anyway), but after that I have no idea who Cap's, Iron Man's, Thor's, The Hulk's, etc, etc, current "supporting cast" would be (though I could recite their "classic" one's verse & chapter )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José Antonio Cardoso Marum Junior
Brazil
flag msg tools
Hello, everyone! My first post here! I hope I can do everything right, like uploading the files and inserting links appropriately. Anyway...

That was a great idea! After seeing this post, I've started to look around the internet for more on these, and I found some nice ones here. Actually, it inspired me to do try and do my own stuff, which I'd like to share with everyone here. Feel free to give some feedback!

These ones are from the Fantastic Four Expansion:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José Antonio Cardoso Marum Junior
Brazil
flag msg tools
And here is my take on the "Paint the Town Red Expansion":

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brzozowski
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Douglas-

Did you also make a invade the daily bugle news hq? I love the art you chose for the others and want to print and sleeve a full set for my game.

Thanks for the hard work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Ortiz
United States
Clifton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jbwc wrote:
Douglas-

Did you also make a invade the daily bugle news hq? I love the art you chose for the others and want to print and sleeve a full set for my game.

Thanks for the hard work!

Not yet, haven't found any good art. Gonna eventually go through my hardcovers & see if can scan something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brzozowski
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll look through my digital files tonight and see if I can find anything. I'll post any findings here. (:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brzozowski
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just searched all my what if's- figured there's at least a few shots of baddies going after j Jonah.

Nope.

Have you tried deviant art or the gallery on comic vine?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brzozowski
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Y'know...now that I think about it-and this really throws a wrench into things....BUT...

I think the perfect image is that on the bystander card. A terrified Betty Brandt & jj mixed with the exploding letters of the bugle? Invading indeed!

A nice pipe dream? I honestly wouldn't mind seeing the same image- after all it only applies to that scheme. It wouldn't bother me at all.

Anyone else like to see this created?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Ortiz
United States
Clifton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that art actually does fit really well.

I'm sure in all the years of spidey there's got to be something without word balloons that don't make sense for the scheme

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brzozowski
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So....would you be willing to make it? (;

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MoonSylver
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jbwc wrote:
Y'know...now that I think about it-and this really throws a wrench into things....BUT...

I think the perfect image is that on the bystander card. A terrified Betty Brandt & jj mixed with the exploding letters of the bugle? Invading indeed!

A nice pipe dream? I honestly wouldn't mind seeing the same image- after all it only applies to that scheme. It wouldn't bother me at all.

All the more reason to make a (bunch of) Alt Art's for Bystander(s). Then co-opt the current Bystander art for the Daily Bugle Scheme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Ortiz
United States
Clifton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
M00NSYLVER wrote:
jbwc wrote:

All the more reason to make a (bunch of) Alt Art's for Bystander(s). Then co-opt the current Bystander art for the Daily Bugle Scheme.

I tried; no way to remove the "Bystander" label on the card and it doesn't look good at all when increased to use just the top. I did put up a new really basic bystander in my alt art thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brzozowski
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at all the paint the town red schemes now (with your printed revamps in place) the daily bugle scheme works with the venom and other spidey villains- getting the drop on Peter Parker or jj for whatever reason.

So that only leaves me with finding a new image to replace the bank robbery scheme. Has anyone made alternate art for that? I missed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Ortiz
United States
Clifton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jbwc wrote:
Looking at all the paint the town red schemes now (with your printed revamps in place) the daily bugle scheme works with the venom and other spidey villains- getting the drop on Peter Parker or jj for whatever reason.

So that only leaves me with finding a new image to replace the bank robbery scheme. Has anyone made alternate art for that? I missed it.

Good suggestion. I think I found something that works. As soon as it's approved I'll post it.

There's a Midtown Bank Robbery one here, but I went ahead and made another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brzozowski
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool!

Somehow I missed that thread thanks for the link. The cosmic cube replacement card I found had Thanos on it- I much prefer the Alex Ross red skull one instead. Reprint! (:

I just print these off on regular paper then carefully slide them into hard plastic card sleeves with the original card behind it. As I don't need to shuffle theses into a deck, these along with the topmost mastermind card are the only cards I sleeve for my game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Ortiz
United States
Clifton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jbwc wrote:
I just print these off on regular paper then carefully slide them into hard plastic card sleeves with the original card behind it. As I don't need to shuffle theses into a deck, these along with the topmost mastermind card are the only cards I sleeve for my game.

I loved the Masters of the Universe set so I ended up buying a ton of sleeves for everything so I could mix and add in whatever customs or new characters people come up with. I like toying around with GIMP and each new game I use it for has made me learn something new. I'm always impressed with the effort people put into their games on BBG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |