Subject: Card Size Issue rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamie Bird
United Kingdom
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wotcha - am very keen to get this expansion, but understand that there is a card size issue. Is there any way of telling which combinations of base game and expansion 'clash' and which don't?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Tonks
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The easiest thing to do for peace of mind is to sleeve both sets of cards. That's what I did last week
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
tonksey wrote:
The easiest thing to do for peace of mind is to sleeve both sets of cards. That's what I did last week

Agreed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin O'Brien
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
...but don't tell anyone!
badge
The Secret Bread Empire Über Alles!
mbmbmbmbmb
I owned a first printing of Ghost Stories and the cards were just slightly a different size. I ended up buying the recent edition/printing of the base game and the cards are exactly the same size as White Moon's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Partridge
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I picked White Moon up a few weeks ago and I haven't noticed anything with the different card sizes. I bought card sleeves with this game just incase, but I don't even need to use them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Bird
United Kingdom
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
cyberkev63 wrote:
I owned a first printing of Ghost Stories and the cards were just slightly a different size. I ended up buying the recent edition/printing of the base game and the cards are exactly the same size as White Moon's.

Thanks to all.

Cyberkev63, I too have the latest (I think) printing of Ghost Stories. Could you please tell me the code you have on yours. Mine is GHO-MU04. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin O'Brien
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ingulphus wrote:
cyberkev63 wrote:
Cyberkev63, I too have the latest (I think) printing of Ghost Stories. Could you please tell me the code you have on yours. Mine is GHO-MU04. Thanks.
The back of my box says:

Ref: GHO-US01 Run: GA2013R9

I purchased it in the USA in December 2013.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Bird
United Kingdom
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Totally different to mine then! Ah well, it'll have to be a suck it and see case, then. Thanks for taking the time to check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R B
United States
Mayville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Cyberkev63, did you sleeve your Ghost Stories cards? If so, what size did you use? I have the same version as you and I'm trying to figure out what size of sleeves I need.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin O'Brien
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rbeall88 wrote:
Cyberkev63, did you sleeve your Ghost Stories cards? If so, what size did you use? I have the same version as you and I'm trying to figure out what size of sleeves I need.
No, I almost never sleeve cards; and that's true here, too. So I can't provide any useful information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rbeall88 wrote:

I believe Mayday's spreadsheet says to use the purple label sleeves, but they were too tight, so I used the orange label ones instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angel Rambo Sevilla
Philippines
Cebu
flag msg tools
Hi Jack (senorcoo), I would like to know when your using the Mayday's orange label sleeves does it fit well on the Ghost Stories cards? Sorry for asking coz I'm planning to buy Ghost Stories and I have an orange card sleeve just to do the saving. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls