Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Cully
United Kingdom
Stonehouse
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The question pretty much speaks for itself.

For those that dont know what I'm on about, take a look at update 3: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/weaver/maze-master-an-e...

Personally, I'm sold; I like layout card games like this, where the "board" builds itself, but they can be difficult to keep organised (and that's if you manage to start in the right place so you dont have to move it as the board grows) and, well...just look at 'em

The question now, is which one to go for? I'm leaning towards #4, not sure why but I like it the most.

One question I've seen the question, but not the answer, to, is whether there will be a box made to accomodate the game and the mat. While I'd like one, it would make it more complicated for packing and shipping.

What are others thinking?

Poll
Which Gripmat design do you like best?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Design #1
50.0% 9
Design #2
11.1% 2
Design #3
16.7% 3
Design #4
22.2% 4
I don't want one
0.0% 0
Voters 18
Would you prefer a box to hold both the game and mat?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Yes - Everything in one box
44.4% 8
No - They can be separate
55.6% 10
Voters 18
This poll is now closed.   18 answers
Poll created by WillyRapier
Closes: Fri Mar 7, 2014 6:00 am
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was a hard poll to answer for me. Why?

I do want to play Maze Master on a GripMat and if it came with a GripMat I'd want it in one box. However, I would rather buy a more generic GripMat that I can use with many games. And if I buy a universal GripMat then I wouldn't want a Maze Master box big enough to fit it

But, since the question was which design I like best I went with #1. Its cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Blaiberg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my issue - isn't the mat almost double the cost of the game?

I'd like one, but not sure I can justify that.

If I did get one, I'd go with #1 - it seems the least cluttered and less likely to distract from the game.

As for a box? No thanks - I'm tired of games being in huge boxes. Small box please, and I can keep the mat seperate. Plus if I get a big box with no mat, I'd be really annoyed.

Shelf space is a vital commodity in my house!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis-Courtney Jones
United Kingdom
Prestatyn
Denbighshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to say that I am at odds with this poll, I would, like the current majority, go with design #1 because I like the style and it looks like it will fit in with the game and as others have mentioned, not distract from the game too much.

As for the gripmat being included in a bigger box - I'm at odds here, my heart is telling me 'Yes!' because I have major OCD gamer issues and I like everything to be neat and tidy, but my head, which has seen the state of my Cube Quest mat, which suffers creases and so on from being folded into quarters in the already too-large-for-what-it-actually-contains square box, makes me say 'NO!' - that is unless you can figure out a box that will allow the mate to be rolled neatly and placed inside along with the cards etc and which will not make for a huge box... I guess it could be done with some design planning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolf90 (Drew)
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm definitely in for the game (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/weaver/maze-master-an-e... if you haven't seen it) but as others here, am undecided as to the mat. I too like #1, but do not want it crammed into a box that it can't fit, nor do I want a huge box that the rest of the components float around in...

The cost is....notable. Leaning against, but still undecided.

D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Blaiberg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd almost rather have a paper mat, like the original summoner wars - I do worry that without ANYTHING, the game might be difficult to play.

I can forsee situations where columns don't quite match up and there's an argument over how to fix it (like digging the channel tunnel from both ends and no meeting in the middle).

A paper mat would be inexpensive, fold into a small box, and the gripmat could be available for those who want to spend extra. I can't justify paying more than the cost of the game for a component that seems quite key.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Stilson
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the second mat.
I think the price is fair and the use will speak for itself.
The idea of knowing your play area is great!
I'm not against paper mats other than tears and fold lines after time.
These mats are the new hot thing. A lot of games are trying to use them: card, board and even miniature games. Nantic miniatures is using these for their newer games and even making ones for older games...I say older but really it was just last year.
I'm not sure if they are here to stay but they are not longer just for M:tg anymore.
Gryffn88

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls