Subject: Base scoring rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabriele Arra
Italy
Trapani
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,i have a doubt on the base scoring: is the turn of my opponent, and he play a minion on The Grey Opal(after scoring this base,the second player can move a minion in another base) and the base score. My opponent is the first and take 3 points,going to 15, but with the effect of The Grey Opal i can move a minion of that base in another,such as Tortuga, and my minion's power its enough to break it.My question is : Do the base(tortuga) score in the same turn or in the next turn? thank you and sorry for my bad english
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tortuga also scores before you check to see who won.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Tan
Philippines
Quezon City
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You only check for a winner at the end of a turn. (Page 7)

Also, at the end of scoring a base, but before the current player ends their turn (and draws two cards), check if any other base(s) have broken, and score them. (Page 6)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sygyzy
United States
Goleta
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goodshepherd wrote:

Also, at the end of scoring a base, but before the current player ends their turn (and draws two cards), check if any other base(s) have broken, and score them. (Page 6)

I just want to make sure this is the case because last night I was playing a 2 player game. My first move was to put a character on a base which brought it over the breaking point. Say base point was 20, 18 points were already there, I played a 4 point character bringing it to 22. I wanted to play my action card next to reduce the other player's points on the base so I could get the 1st place victory but she insisted that the moment the base breaks, you have to score.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Per the rules, you only check for scoring once you have finished playing cards. Playing and scoring are separate phases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Tan
Philippines
Quezon City
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sygyzy wrote:
goodshepherd wrote:

I just want to make sure this is the case because last night I was playing a 2 player game. My first move was to put a character on a base which brought it over the breaking point. Say base point was 20, 18 points were already there, I played a 4 point character bringing it to 22. I wanted to play my action card next to reduce the other player's points on the base so I could get the 1st place victory but she insisted that the moment the base breaks, you have to score.

As mentioned by edbolme, this is too soon. You get to complete all your minion/action plays before proceeding to the next phase, which is the Check for Scoring phase. (Page 4.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls