Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Allaby
United Kingdom
Staines-upon-Thames
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmb
By which I mean, does anyone know if this collection was only going to be printed for 2013 and not beyond? Or will it be printed into this year and beyond as well?

The name Anniversary Edition just got me questioning its permanence...

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil DeKoning
United States
Bozeman
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got no evidence for this, but my guess would be that it's permanent. Probably along the same lines as the Big Box edition of Carcassone and things like that.

You never can tell with game publishers, though.

Cost-wise, it's cheaper for new players to get the Anniversary Edition then to buy the base game and two expansions separately.

And, from the CGE's position, it is probably establishing a baseline from which other expansions can be done. They don't have to worry too much about rules covering "If you don't have that expansion..."

The interview with Petr Murmak that's posted with Latest Models said that, for the time being, they were planning to hold off on the big expansions and concentrate on new ships, which is fine with me.

So, I would say they probably plan to keep it in print more than a year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
At least the german version from Heidelberger will get a reprint in 04/2014:
http://www.heidelbaer.de/dyn/products/detail?ArtNr=CZ027

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.