Popular Tags: [View All]
Christophe Muller de Schongor
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

All you need to kn... be reminded of
http://zombicide.eren-histarion.fr/f-a-q-movement-and-zombie...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenesis Xenon
Australia
flag msg tools
This is excellent.

The visual diagram has helped me with a few of those edge cases I wasn't quite sure about! (I may have to print a copy to go with my copy of Zombicide!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Willo
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
---
---
One case you haven't covered is line of sight and moving towards the biggest group.

My attempt at a diagram

---
crycry
---
---
---
X
---
zombie|whistle|whistle|whistle|whistle

To the Right (East): Our Zombie has line of sight 4 Survivors (all in individual zones)

To the Top (North): Our Zombie has line of sight to only 2 Survivors (2 in a single zone together)

Answer: Zombie moves North to (X), because 2 survivors is the largest group in a 'Target Zone'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is the second example!

You got this wrong if you add Zones in the same lines of sight.
Each whistle counts as 1, so there is no problem into finding which target is (the north one).

And it is not the biggest group, it is the LOUDEST group (they see).

So, I'm sorry, but all your cases are covered, although you might find another answer cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please explain me this:
To the top is locked door with survivor in building (no entry).
To the right-bottom (not in visible line of zombie sight) a survivor with same noise tokens as first.
Where zombie in center will move? Or maybe he is split into to groops?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Willo
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
XofMdS wrote:
It is the second example!

....And it is not the biggest group, it is the LOUDEST group (they see).

So, I'm sorry, but all your cases are covered, although you might find another answer cool

... LOUDEST group, yes that's right!

Yes you are right, you have it covered, but the thing that I show in my example in which I think players might be confused by is that they might say that the Zombie/s see or hear more survivors in one direction than the other, based on the overall survivors they see/hear in any particular direction and not focus on the fact they need to pin point a targeted zone, and head toward that zone, despite seeing/hearing way more survivors in the other direction albeit spread over different zones.

Of all the Youtube videos I have seen on game play, the demonstrators always seem to just push there Zombies willy nilly in the direction they think they should go, and never do I see them take the time and count spaces and identify THE Target Zone/s that the zombie/s need to head toward.

Anyway Great Job, much appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daimond wrote:
Please explain me this:
To the top is locked door with survivor in building (no entry).
To the right-bottom (not in visible line of zombie sight) a survivor with same noise tokens as first.
Where zombie in center will move? Or maybe he is split into to groops?
I think the current official line on this that the zombie splits (assuming the first steps to each destination are different).

At one point the official rules would have the zombie moving towards the survivor at right-bottom, because the Survivor in the building is inaccessible, but now I believe it's that door into inaccessible buildings are ignored when determining zombie destination by noise, even when there is an open route.

Unless they've changed it again...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brad:
Well, we covered true interpretations of the rules robot
In our players group's case, there is only a few times when we need to focus. Most of time, the path are clear to draw.
And we all agree it is not THAT bad if you miss one or two splits, as long as you do it in good faith.

Sergei:
In your case
There are 2 final Zones (both "invisible" and with same Noise amount). 1st case p.6
The first is locked: 2nd case p.3
The second is open, easy one.

Do they split? that depends on the positions of the locked door to 1st Zone and open door to second Zone.
If that means that the first deplacement is the same to both, no split. (2nd case p.6)

Keep in mind that this FAQ decomposes into simple cases.
Sometimes, you'll have to take it step by step.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skritter wrote:
Of all the Youtube videos I have seen on game play, the demonstrators always seem to just push there Zombies willy nilly in the direction they think they should go, and never do I see them take the time and count spaces and identify THE Target Zone/s that the zombie/s need to head toward.
Usually it's pretty obvious where a zombie group will go, there's no need to count zones.

The ones that irritate me are the ones that don't put down noise tokens, do Survivor actions out of turn, and stuff like that.

That's probably how they normally play, and that's fine - the important thing is to have fun, but, if you're going to make a video of you playing a game, and then post it on the internet, then you should at least make sure you play it correctly, because people will watch it and get the impression that that is the correct way to play, when it isn't!

shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
The ones that irritate me are the ones that don't put down noise tokens
My current way of improvement. I'm forgetting maybe 1 out of 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One case that I think you don't have covered is when there's two alternate routes (with different first steps) to an out-of-sight destination, but in which one route is via a barricade and the other isn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XofMdS wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
The ones that irritate me are the ones that don't put down noise tokens
My current way of improvement. I'm forgetting maybe 1 out of 3.
Oh, I forget them all the time!

But then I'm not videoing the games I play and putting them on YouTube!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
True.
We did it only with a barricade, which is the same, gameplay-wise.
We discovered it a week ago, and had it confirmed by GG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx, dudes, explain me another example , please.
To the top is locked door with survivor in building with 2 noise tokens (no entry allowed).
To the bottom-right is survivor without any additional noise tokens.
What will do Zombie in center?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombies are stupid: they'll go for the locked Zone, pile in behind the closed door.

Stupid is what stupid does, mind you, because sooner or later, your lonely guy will have to come out whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daimond wrote:
Thx, dudes, explain me another example , please.
To the top is locked door with survivor in building with 2 noise tokens (no entry allowed).
To the bottom-right is survivor without any additional noise tokens.
What will do Zombie in center?
It will move towards the noisiest zone, as if there were no doors, but stop when it got to a door.

Note this only happens when either the noisiest zone or zombie is inside a building with no open routes into it - as soon as there is an open route to the noisiest zone the zombie will take that route instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the placement of survivors is matter for zombie split? Page 6 case 1 in FAQ - why this zombie splits? Why he wasnt go to closest noise zone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because the closeness of a Zone only comes in matter when choosing one path to one zone.

Here, there are 2 zone with the same amount of noise => he targets both => he splits.
(because the closest path to 1st and closest path to 2nd are different)

There is two things different:
1) you determine for each group of Zombies which Zone(s) it targets (and why: visibility>noise)
2) for each of these Zone, you determine which path(es)

If plural: split.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please, look at C19 scenario http://guillotinegames.com/dl/Mission_C19.pdf . If two survivors produces same amount of noise - all zombies between they is splits, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only if:
A) there is both Zones are even (which cannot happen if a visibility comes into account)
B) the pathes are differents (not all the pathes), only the "first" move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonathan kipps-bolton
United Kingdom
watford
hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I thought the rules were that zombies take the shortest path as if there are no obstructions. I've played classing walls and doors as obstructions. Meaning I can distract zombies by making a lot of noise on the other side of a wall or door helping other survivors make a getaway

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New situation:
Building in center. 1 zombie at a bottom of the building. 3 equal noise zones at a top of the building in a row. Zombie cant see anyone. How zombie will moves and splits?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daimond wrote:
New situation:
Building in center. 1 zombie at a bottom of the building. 3 equal noise zones at a top of the building in a row. Zombie cant see anyone. How zombie will moves and splits?
Entirely depends on the precise layout.

Could you mock up an example of what you mean in the map editor, and then post an image of it here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Z - Zombie
N - Noise
B - Building

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
looks like your case is covered p.6.
Several Zones to target + Several paths => split.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |