A boy named Sioux
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm watching a few items on Amazon with the "More on the way" notice and I'm curious how dependable this is. What are your experiences with Amazon's "More on the way"? Please specify which Amazon (ie. Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, etc)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chad halstead
msg tools
mbmbmb
i have found that when i buy something and it says more is on the way, then they will get the item in stock fast. its only a problem if the item states its out of stock and the restock is unknown
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Eastwood
United States
Windham
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Chaos is a ladder
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a great experience with this. I was waiting for the Winter expansion for 51st state, and everything arrived when they said it would. The date of "more on the way" was dead accurate - so I imagine they have tracking information from wherever is sending the goods to their warehouse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
flag msg tools
mb
I recently discovered via chat with an Amazon customer service rep that when an Amazon product says "only # left" this can mean there actually aren't any in stock at all, and they are anticipating a restock.

quote from chat:
Quote:
Jeevitha(CSA): Please note that the "Only 3 left in stock." in Orange color represents that this item will be received shortly from our suppliers.
Jeevitha(CSA): Also if an item isn't readily available, selecting One-Day or Two-Day Delivery will reduce the transit time to one or two business days after we've shipped your order, but won't impact how long it takes us to obtain the item or prepare it for shipment.

This problem cropped up when I tried to sign up for a Prime trial to buy an item with "only 3 left in stock" to get 2-day shipping in time for Christmas. Except they had zero in stock (although it said 3) so the delivery date was going to be after Christmas even with Prime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls