Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
What's one damage?
badge
It's na-fing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the US player have to occupy all the grey Aachen hexes? That would mean that 26 US counters must end in Aachen and 6 more must end on the other VP hexes, ie 32 out of 39 counters would have to end on specified hexes...

Or do some of the Aachen hexes count as town hexes? (I am not entirely sure how to read the terrain table. Does grey background mean city or is it also a question of the kind of buildings shown?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Roy
msg tools
The grey background hexes next to the name Aachen are all Aachen city hexes.

Rule 16.0 "The US player wins the game if he can, at any time (even if only momentarily), occupy all Aachen city hexes..."

I took it mean that the US forces fight their way into Aachen and gradually pass through each city hex. As long as the Germans don't counter-attack and reoccupy any hexes, they all count towards US VPs.

So the US player can end up with a handful of units in Aachen at the end of the game and still win.

Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Original Dibbler
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
What's one damage?
badge
It's na-fing!
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all thank you for your reply!

I think your understanding would make the game work. Nevertheless I doubt that this is what the designer meant. "Occupy at the same time" sounds more like having a unit on each space...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Roth
Germany
Wiesbaden
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule say "any" not the "same" time, so you can just move over the hexes to get control. The German Player can do the same to get the control back

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls