Wilson St.James
Canada
Winona
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
I am really looking forward to picking this expansion up this weekend. I am going to want to play right away so I want to travel with the appropriate supporting cards.
I attempted to look at the KD quest cards but I do not recognize the deck symbols as any I have.
I do own the base set, and the Hunt for Gollum. In order to play the first quest in KD what cards from these sets do I need to bring with me (other than my heroes themselves)?
Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
theclergy wrote:
I am really looking forward to picking this expansion up this weekend. I am going to want to play right away so I want to travel with the appropriate supporting cards.
I attempted to look at the KD quest cards but I do not recognize the deck symbols as any I have.
I do own the base set, and the Hunt for Gollum. In order to play the first quest in KD what cards from these sets do I need to bring with me (other than my heroes themselves)?
Cheers.

You only need the encounter cards that come with the Khazad-dûm expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. D
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You'll also want your player cards - not just your heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilson St.James
Canada
Winona
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
andrewbwm wrote:
theclergy wrote:
Cheers.

You only need the encounter cards that come with the Khazad-dûm expansion.
Excellent! Even more excited now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilson St.James
Canada
Winona
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Tubarush wrote:
You'll also want your player cards - not just your heroes.
Oh, I've got a couple of decks in mind cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marko Dobranic
Croatia
Mursko Središće
Međimurje
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you plan to play with dwarfsses, you don't need but it would help you a lot hero Dain Ironfoot from Return to Mirkwood adventure pack:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mado78 wrote:
If you plan to play with dwarfsses, you don't need but it would help you a lot hero Dain Ironfoot from Return to Mirkwood adventure pack:

I really dislike the optimized dwarf decks. With the stuff in Khazad-dûm you can have a reasonable dwarf deck without it feeling too powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
On the encounter card side, the point of Deluxe expansion is to provide a new set of "supporting cards" (as you call them) for the next cycle to draw from. So yeah, no need for any core set encounter cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilson St.James
Canada
Winona
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Picked it up last night.
Am looking it over.
Some great art in here!
Also some savage looking treacheries.
Hope to play Into the Pit either today or tomorrow.

Edit/update: after about 6 or 7 attempts I got through the pit. I had a 49 threat, but didn't use a single Gandalf or Galadhrims Greeting.

I used Dunhere, Eowyn and Theodred. Dunhere had "signal" so that really helped take out threats in the staging are, although there was actually only a couple of those.

I want to play this deck a few more times to see if I just got lucky or what.

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls