Popular Tags: [View All]
Pouria
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know its still a year away, but anyone think there will be a shiny new 10 year anniversary edition? Cause there needs to be one...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd buy that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Caylus has fallen a bit in the rankings (15th), but it remains one of only a handful of games that still draws me in, and will always find itself on the table. It's in that rare Puerto Rico category of time-honored Hall of Fame greats.

A 10 year edition would be great. And also a good time to do an expansion with more tiles (the card thing didn't work for me) and some aesthetics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kadian O'Reilly
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is the Deluxe edition which has metal coins and deluxe parts which is sumptuous.
I have it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrice Dubois
France
La Garenne Colombes
Hauts de Seine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2grve wrote:
I know its still a year away, but anyone think there will be a shiny new 10 year anniversary edition? Cause there needs to be one...

I don't think so since :
- it was just reprinted (refreshed artwork)
- they made a deluxe edition in the past
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Martin
Canada
Mississauga
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
New edition would make sense as it's been 10 years (this type of thing has been done for Puerto Rico). That's a good stretch of time from the original buyers and a new crop of buyers, you could include upgrades like metal coins, and certainly these new tiles that were supposed to be worked on through a BGG user contest, judged by W. Attia himself. I for one, really don't want anything other than the original artwork though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan P
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently discovered this via the iOS version and just bought a copy of the recent reprint. I would have preferred the deluxe edition but could not find it available. I do prefer the road winding down from the castle (it's a little more whimsical/thematic) but the deluxe edition has much better formatting for indicating the castle sections and the royal favour bonuses. And those metal coins are glorious; anyone know where to buy them, or something similar?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...game pleasure in wood
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alphaeus wrote:
I recently discovered this via the iOS version and just bought a copy of the recent reprint. I would have preferred the deluxe edition but could not find it available. I do prefer the road winding down from the castle (it's a little more whimsical/thematic) but the deluxe edition has much better formatting for indicating the castle sections and the royal favour bonuses. And those metal coins are glorious; anyone know where to buy them, or something similar?

Metal coins? Hmmmm....try using spare change?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan P
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was hoping for something slightly more thematic than monotremes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.