Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Polenzani
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Attention all planets of the Solar Federation: We have assumed control! We have assumed control! We have assumed control!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the Action Phase Games Guys actually came to my FLGS tonight to demo "Heroes Wanted" and I must say I had an absolute BLAST!

The game play is very easy to pickup and by the second turn all of us knew pretty much what we were doing! We played the Bootleg DVD scenario and let me just say after seeing 3 games in various stages of completion beyond the one that I played in that even with the 4 provided scenarios you will have MORE than enough to keep you busy and happy until the expansions come out with more!

My hero?

Beef Beard! A Mutant who can take out Henchmen at a range of 3 or underlings at a range of 2while healing an injury (very helpful!) On top of that Beef allowed me to add two to the cards I had to discard to mitigate damage! Needless to say I was pretty healthy throughout the game! Coincidentally it was the Beard card that got me to pledge in the first place as it reminded me of a little cartoon show from the 90's which I LOVED!

We did a four player game which was over in an hour. WE WON!

Overall the game-play felt very balanced which given the random nature of the characters is really something the Action Games guys should feel VERY proud of!

Talking with others who played the opinions were pretty much unanimous that this game is truly something special. If you haven't already you NEED to get over to this KS project and HOP ON! This will be one of the MUST HAVE games of 2014! Don't miss out on this opportunity to help this game be all it can be! PLEDGE TODAY!

--Charles Polenzani aka Lord Malachi!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Martin
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
Mwa ha ha ha ha
mbmbmbmbmb
Rapscallion_69 wrote:

We did a four player game which was over in an hour. WE WON!

That makes it sound like it was a co-op game. Did you have an individual winner too?

*edit* Just re-read this and realised it sounds really blunt. Sorry. Thanks for the description. It certainly does sound fun and I'm looking forward to creating many zany heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think what Charles meant was, when you are staring down the barrel of a 1,000 year of Beast, sometimes it takes you consider it an unofficial team-up of sorts

THEY WERE LUCKY TO GET OUT ALIVE!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Schiavo
United States
Frederick
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think Charles just doesn't want to admit he didn't get recruited by the Champions, so he's forming his own team with the other rejec...erm...winners.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Charles has a new group called Chi Town Shy Boys. They are tough as nails!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Polenzani
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Attention all planets of the Solar Federation: We have assumed control! We have assumed control! We have assumed control!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I should have said we defeated the villain!

A big phrase in my personal philosophy is:

"It's not the destination, its the journey!"

While my hero did not emerge triumphant as the winner of the game, I personally emerged from the game having experienced a TRULY FUN GAME TO PLAY! In that aspect we all won!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Schiavo
United States
Frederick
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Rapscallion_69 wrote:
In that aspect we all won!

Except for the 1000 Year Old Beast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff King
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools

(I have nothing useful to add)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Schiavo
United States
Frederick
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Venton wrote:
(I have nothing useful to add)

Doge is always useful. Unlike that halfwit canine Moon Moon.

Hmmm... Internet memes for heroes/villains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls