Popular Tags: [View All]
Lem Tohver
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Since I have not seen the rules for Cities or Ruins yet in this great game, I took a look over the cards for these and have put together the following "Homebrew" rules to play with these tiles (printed out these territories from the pics shown).

Cities: The player whose token occupies this region can collect a single resource of any type he chooses for this region when collecting.

Ruins: (I saw that all three resource type stars are present in the region) A player will roll the War die when he controls this area and receives a resource based on the following results:

1-4: Food
5-8: Ore
9-11: Mana
Peace Flag (12): No Resource collected for this region.

We so far have found these House rules to work quite well for these regions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert McCloud
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules for cities and ruins have already been given. They were in updates to KS.

Quote:
Rules for using Capital Cities:

• A Capital City Region is worth 2VP to the player who occupies it at the end of the game. If cohabited, both players receive 1VP.

• A Capital City Region does not provide a resource when gathering resources

Quote:
Rules for using Ruins:

• Once a player's Meeple enters the Ruins, it must be laid on its side. While a Meeple is laying on its side (Searching), it cannot be moved out of the Ruins with a Patrol or Quest Action; but it is able to collect 1 resource, of the player's choice (wild card), during a Gather Resources Action.

• A Meeple that is laying down (Searching) is able to be stood up by a single Patrol Action, but a Meeple that is standing up in the Ruins is unable to collect any resources during a Gather Resources Action. However, a standing Meeple may be moved out of the Ruins in a future Patrol or Quest Action following regular Patrol/Quest Rules.

• A Meeple, laying down or standing up, in the Ruins when the game is over is considered to have died in the Ruins and is not worth any end-game Victory Points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lem Tohver
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Hi Bert,

Thanks for posting those for me. I guess I missed them. Well, I guess that my rules can be a variant set then.

Lembit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert McCloud
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
litebrite wrote:
Hi Bert,

Thanks for posting those for me. I guess I missed them. Well, I guess that my rules can be a variant set then.

Lembit

Maybe we could make a few fan made territories and rename your regions to add to them?
Since your cities give a wild card resource, maybe that can be some kind of treasure cave?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls