mbmbmbmbmb
Personal Experience with the game:
2 games with expansion

Bias based on winning:
No wins

Bias based on owning:
None

Brief back story
Wild west and poker are like hands and gloves. A good poker hand can win you big things. Are you willing to take a stake in a gold mine, are you willing to rob the coach, or are you willing to take a wanted poster. Wait, how does that relate to poker?

1000 meter view:
The goal is to make the most points. On a turn everyone rolls six sided dice with 9s through Aces. On each roll you have to take one die and set it aside as your evolving poker hand (pay a dollar to re-roll). Over ~5 rolls you'll have your poker hand. Dice town has a series of locations that can be used if you have the best type of that hand. For example, the first spot (gold plots) is based on who has the most nines. Any ties are broken based on what the sheriff decides. Move on through all the hands and give out rewards. If you don't get any "best hands" you still get something from Dr. Badluck. When the game ends score based on land you own, gold, money, etc. Highest point total wins.

Liked:
- Nice looking game with nice components.

Didn't Like:
- The game needs someone to run it. Control the rolls and setting aside of dice and walking through the town rewards is a big ask.
- Hand rolling mechanic doesn't seem as fun as I thought it would be. just doesn't have that big climax.
- Lots of keeping track of stuff.

What did I learn about playing well:
Nothing.

Rating:
On BGG I gave it 6.5/10.

Real Verdict:
I argue with my wife that a ten rating scale is irrelevant for restaurants. I either won't go back, will go back, or want to go back.
Will go back.

Peter out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ward
Japan
Matsumoto
Nagano
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
drpaj wrote:
I argue with my wife that a ten rating scale is irrelevant for restaurants. I either won't go back, will go back, or want to go back.

Haha, I love this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
France
Bordeaux
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drpaj wrote:
Personal Experience with the game:

Will go back.

Peter out

Soon more, much more DT experience available. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nivet
Ireland
Cork City
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arnaud4matagot wrote:

Soon more, much more DT experience available. ninja

Go on Arnaud, tell us a little bit more...surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering if desperados of dicetown was an expansion or a stand alone game. I found it on a French site while looking for info on the cyclades and kemet expansions...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brad77 wrote:
I was wondering if desperados of dicetown was an expansion or a stand alone game. I found it on a French site while looking for info on the cyclades and kemet expansions...

It is a standalone game set in the same universe as Dice Town.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls