Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Schallert
United States
Bloomington
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I have played '61 a couple of times, and '30 on my computer. Of the two, '61 is my favorite due to the interactions between the different levels of companies; the "friendly" stock market is a bit of a disappointment however. I've searched around for a game that combines the two, i.e. providing for mergers and different types of companies while also having a more cut-throat stock market. Does this game exist?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fromage wrote:
So, I have played '61 a couple of times, and '30 on my computer. Of the two, '61 is my favorite due to the interactions between the different levels of companies; the "friendly" stock market is a bit of a disappointment however. I've searched around for a game that combines the two, i.e. providing for mergers and different types of companies while also having a more cut-throat stock market. Does this game exist?

1862: Railway Mania in the Eastern Counties ??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Schallert
United States
Bloomington
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! There are so many 18xx games it can be tough to weed through them...any other suggestions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
1841, 1817.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clearclaw wrote:

+1. 17 was the first thing to come to my mind as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bazynski
Poland
warsaw
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clearclaw wrote:

although as deepthought seems to be largely closed down you might have a real hard time getting either of those two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I see new prints of DTG games appearing at a fairly steady (albeit not high) rate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
I represent no danger.
mb
clearclaw wrote:
I see new prints of DTG games appearing at a fairly steady (albeit not high) rate.

I'm still not totally convinced they actually sell games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Somehow I have many of their games, enough that I've sold several, and while most have been bought from the secondary market, several were bought direct from DTG (1812, 1817, 1865, etc).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Allard
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mb
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
clearclaw wrote:

I'm still not totally convinced they actually sell games.

well, over the past few years I've been giving them money and they have sent me games. I think that meets the definition of 'selling'. I have 13 at this point and one on order that should arrive prior to my needing to take Required Minimum Distributions from my IRA!

JimA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
bazik123 wrote:
although as deepthought seems to be largely closed down you might have a real hard time getting either of those two.

News to me. Ordered 1817 in January 2012. Paid for it (and received it) in November 2013.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
I represent no danger.
mb
RPardoe wrote:
bazik123 wrote:

News to me. Ordered 1817 in January 2012. Paid for it (and received it) in November 2013.

I ordered in October 2012 and have moved up from 668 to about 575 in the queue.

I don't think I'll ever see that game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bazynski
Poland
warsaw
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
RPardoe wrote:
bazik123 wrote:

I ordered in October 2012 and have moved up from 668 to about 575 in the queue.

I don't think I'll ever see that game.

I must be unlucky. my order came up 2 years ago, I was supposed to wait for sth with my 1817 (delayed board or some such), and 2 years later I am still waiting, and contacting john gets me no response. will try some more though if you say he's still there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Adultman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.jasonbegy.com
badge
http://www.jasonbegy.com
mbmbmbmbmb
My order is coming up on 2 years this month. Started at 420, now up to 291. Someday! I don't mind so much since he doesn't charge up front.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Branchburg
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jasonbartfast wrote:
My order is coming up on 2 years this month. Started at 420, now up to 291. Someday! I don't mind so much since he doesn't charge up front.

I started around a similar number 2 years ago last week, I'm at 267 now (and have been for 6 months). But if RPardoe ordered a month before us and received his games 3 months ago, maybe our turns will come up sometime... this year?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Since DTG's backlog is so massive (frustrating for everyone), they've arranged to have 1817, 1846, and 18NY priority produced (through Golden Spike and All-Aboard games).

Extra cost involved (about 25%), but the wait time is weeks instead of years.

If this experiment succeeds, hopefully more titles will be added to the priority list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.