Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

Imperium» Forums » Variants

Subject: With my multi-step sips and other changes, the new Victory Condition rule rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve
Thailand
flag msg tools
It seems strange to me that the 1st Ed. Victory Condition was control the whole map. It seems like the Emperor would notice the upstart Terrans long before that.

Besides this makes for a very long game if one player refuses to concede.

Since the Imp. "can't" beg on the 1st 2 turns of each war , the wars will last longer. This will give the advancing player more time to gather his forces. He will need ships and Jump Troops to capture Worlds, which are the measure of victory. Can one take 2 Worlds in a single war?

Fight just 4 wars and evaluate the situation then.
. . 1] "In reality" the Terrans need to win big to have a chance against the Emperor's large "Personal Fleet".

. . 2] Define Terran Space as behind the line "from Sirius to Procyon, through Sol, and on to Barnard's Star".

. . 3] Levels of victory
. . . . . a] Decisive Terran victory = Terrans control 3 more Worlds outside Terran space.
. . . . . b] Significant Terran victory = Terrans control 2 more Worlds outside Terran space.
. . . . . c] Marginal Terran victory = Terrans control 1 more World outside Terran space.
. . . . . d] A draw = Terrans just control all of Terran space.
. . . . . e] Marginal Imperial victory = Imperials control Procyon and the arm "beyond" it is neutral.
. . . . . f] Decissive Imperial victory = Imperials control Procyon, part of the arm "beyond" it, and 1 of the 3 core Terran Worlds.

. . 4] Worlds are created from OP/Colonies after 4 turns of peace or during the 2nd peace no matter what.

. . 5] Review my proposed new income rules.
. . . . . a] Imp. Worlds are worth 3 RU per turn, not 1.
. . . . . b] Increases in Imp. budget are permanent, but the budget is reduced by 1 after each war. Not ever below 8.
. . . . . c] Imperial budget starts at 8.
. . . . . d] Terran OP produce 1 RU.
. . . . . e] Terran Colonies [= OP at yellow stars] produce 2 RU.
. . . . . f] Terran Worlds produce 12 RU income per turn.
. . . . . g] The at start Terran income is 39, with up to 6 more the 2nd turn if he plants an OP at all 3 yellow stars.
. . . . . h] The at start Imperial income is 33.

. . 6] Most small ships cost 1 more; TR, AO, & FTR cost 2 more; MS cost 3 less; and Jump Troops cost their value in strength points [except the 1st one is drawn sight unseen].

. . 7] At the start I'm thinking of adding 2 FTR for the Terrans to give them a little more value at the very start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls