Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Strickland
United States
Decatur
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Back in January, I started trying to rewrite and reformat the rulebook. Work and circumstance but that project on the backburner. With our southern snowstorm leaving me with a couple free days, I should be able to get the rewrite done.

I've looked at the Unofficial FAQs and have a pretty good handle on the rules, but if anyone has any suggestions on what they feel is necessary please post them here. I'll post the rough text draft of the rewrite for review before I go into layout.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kozlowski
United States
Schererville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asderiphel wrote:
Back in January, I started trying to rewrite and reformat the rulebook. Work and circumstance but that project on the backburner. With our southern snowstorm leaving me with a couple free days, I should be able to get the rewrite done.

I've looked at the Unofficial FAQs and have a pretty good handle on the rules, but if anyone has any suggestions on what they feel is necessary please post them here. I'll post the rough text draft of the rewrite for review before I go into layout.

Just FYI, there will be an offical FAQ coming very soon. I've been working with Hobby World on getting everything translated properly and organized. I expect it to be released within a week, two at most.

I know they are working on a rulebook revision as well and I'm hoping to help them with that once we have the FAQ wrapped up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Strickland
United States
Decatur
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
An Official FAQ is great news!

Then, if we are waiting for a more official response, we could just use this as a suggestion thread for what we need in the new rulebook. I already have some new text written and I'd be happy to either finish it out myself or send it along to someone else to use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kozlowski
United States
Schererville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The FAQ will have a lot of ideas for how to improve the rulebook, namely things like defining what Realms are, clarifying the flying rules, explaining the additional area, etc. All of that kind of stuff needs to be worked into the rulebook. Basically, most of the questions that are in the FAQ need to get worked in, with the exception of specific card questions.

The FAQ is about 8 pages long (at least when in Word format, not sure what font size they will use for the PDF), so there's a lot there.

If anyone has any questions or rules issues they aren't sure of that haven't already been answered, now would be a good time to post them. We can use this thread if people want. And, as you suggested, if people have ideas for the rulebook revision, they should post them here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Strickland
United States
Decatur
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The one thing I wanted to do (and did not get much of a chance to finish) was make more visual examples. A visual example of what Range 2 looks like would help a ton of people, I think.

Most of the ambiguities could be helped by more extensive (but not very complicated) graphic design.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kozlowski
United States
Schererville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asderiphel wrote:
The one thing I wanted to do (and did not get much of a chance to finish) was make more visual examples. A visual example of what Range 2 looks like would help a ton of people, I think.

Most of the ambiguities could be helped by more extensive (but not very complicated) graphic design.

Agreed. That is outside of my area of expertise so I won't be any help to you or Hobby World on that issue. I'm an "English" guy, so that is where I am attemtping to help.

Hopefully they do include more diagrams for clarity. They certainly need one showing the additional area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.