11 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Good "Team Building" Game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
nithos nithos

Iowa
msg tools
I am looking for a simple game that could work in the corporate environment at a group staff level.

Size: 6-9 people
Time: 30 minutes (including teaching)

One of the teams is a highly analytically, the other team is not. So bonus points if it's something that could be enjoyed by both groups.

Leaning towards:
Dixit as a learn how they think type game
The Resistance: Avalon as a deduction/teamwork game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
1 Million Shogoths Killed and Counting.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats you already figured them out. Also consider Coup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, One Night Ultimate Werewolf for 3-10 players. You can play 6+ games in 30 minutes, so the first game can be a teaching opportunity with open cards. (Get the free script reader app.)

You can't really get into Avalon that well in two games. (I don't think you have time to play more than two.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Smith
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I´ll throw in Saboteur.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J T
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Resistance and Ultimate Werewolf seem like games I'd want to avoid if I was trying to build up a team, what with the whole betrayal aspect.

Dixit seems like a very good choice to me. Also, Wits & Wagers Party.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gallo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
It's not out yet but I'd also recommend checking out Two Rooms and a Boom. i think it'll be out early Summer but you can download and print the PnP files on their website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think that Resistance, which has players viewing each other with suspicion, is the opposite of what you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
1 Million Shogoths Killed and Counting.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have used werewolf type games as team building exercises in the past and they DO work. The main point of these types of things is getting people to enjoy being in each others company and working as a team. Traditional efforts in this realm have people competing against each other in teams anyway so the fact that you don't know who your team mates are if anything is a better situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dixit would be my vote.

You could also try Space Cadets: Dice Duel if you want to be really brave. Might be too complex to adequately explain and play in 30 minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nithos nithos

Iowa
msg tools
kentreuber wrote:
I would think that Resistance, which has players viewing each other with suspicion, is the opposite of what you want.

My thought was that you have two teams competing against each other, which is what most of our larger sized group activities have always involved (scavenger hunts, trivia, etc...).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nithos nithos

Iowa
msg tools
Fenderbass124 wrote:
It's not out yet but I'd also recommend checking out Two Rooms and a Boom. i think it'll be out early Summer but you can download and print the PnP files on their website.
I would place trying to blow up the president as a non-work sanctioned activity. Little too close to home on some of the products we produce.

But it could probably work with a retheme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.