5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: Skateboard-themed card game! Is there space for it? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
johannes treuker
Germany
flag msg tools
Currently I´m designing a card game with a skateboard scene/fantasy theme, but at the moment I´m quite unsure, if there is even space for it. My game will use many words and terms, which are heavily associated with the skateboard scene and now I´m concerned this can scare off many people. So what do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corsaire
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's one of the cool things that games do: expose us to ideas, concepts, terminology outside of our knowledge and allow us to explore them. Not a lot of us have actually encountered mind flayers, orcs, goblins or zombies.

As long as the rules are clear and not dependent on knowledge of the terms from outside of the game itself should be good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Theres a game about unicycling and one about dog racing.

A game about scateboarding will fit right in and currently there are few if any scateboard themed games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boss Beau Blasterfire
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might need a section in the rulebook that explains such terms, but I believe there is plenty of space for all different types of games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Lacock
United States
Wylie
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. Since it is your passion it will show in the game. If your friends would play it, then go for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.