7 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: Romulan D7? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keoki Young
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I saw that WK used the exact same model for the Klingon K't'inga as they did for the D7, I felt sure that eventually they'd come out with a cloaking Romulan D7 (as seen in the TOS episode "The Enterprise Incident") using the same model yet again. I figured it'd feature cloak as one of its actions, or at least have a cloaking device upgrade card, as well as the Romulan Commander from that episode.

Now, however, the Gal'gathong is coming out, and the generic captain image used for that expansion is that of Enterprise Incident's commander. Does this mean we won't be seeing a Romulan D7? I know we can use a Klingon D7 with a ridiculously overpriced cross-faction cloaking device upgrade, but I was hoping not to have to pay all those points for it.

Anyone know whether we'll be seeing a Romulan D7?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fastback M
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
You could always use the Klink Flagship resource for your D7 to add cloak.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keoki Young
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fastback64 wrote:
You could always use the Klink Flagship resource for your D7 to add cloak.

True. But then you're still paying a faction penalty to have a Romulan captain or other upgrades...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pitner
United States
Plano
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't give up! The same question has been asked in the past about the generic Romulan Commander, and while he couldn't make any promises, Andrew said the following:

Andrew Parks wrote:
As Evan mentioned, the use of a character image on a generic captain card does not mean that you will never see that character in a unique version. I'm not promising anything, mind you, but I just wanted to make sure you all knew this. meeple

Andrew

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/14635515#14635515

There is still hope
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Anderson
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't want the existing D7 model for my Romulan D7. The existing model has a Klingon logo on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry DeStefano
United States
Bloomingburg
New York
flag msg tools
Alyksandyr wrote:
I don't want the existing D7 model for my Romulan D7. The existing model has a Klingon logo on it.

I agree I want the smooth skin D7 like in the TOS episode. plus the revamped bird of prey logo painted on the underside. Plus everybody forgets while the female commander is unamed how about Tal her number 1. BTW how about Decuis from the Balance of terror episode. Of course he would be a negative effect so maybe he should be a fed card!!! LOL

Live long and prosper
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keoki Young
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alyksandyr wrote:

Good point!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.