United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
https://www.twitch.tv/gamerhudson
badge
https://www.instagram.com/gamer.hudson/
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed that in some cases the level 3 Disowned (or level 2) has a dungeon effect of "destroy a hero"

I understand where you may want to do that to get rid of a Regular or something but this is optional right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BattleZone wrote:
I noticed that in some cases the level 3 Disowned (or level 2) has a dungeon effect of "destroy a hero"

I understand where you may want to do that to get rid of a Regular or something but this is optional right?

Dungeon and Village abilities are optional and can be done in any order.
Trophy abilities are mandatory and are used as a Dungeon/Village ability as to when they must be used.
When you go to the dungeon, Battle abilities are mandatory from teh creature you are fighting. After the battle, Aftermath abilities are mandatory. Spoils abilities are optional and can only be used if you won the battle.

As for the Disowned, the ability that kills other heroes is not a Dungeon ability, but an Aftermath ability. So it must be done after any battle, there is no option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stiles
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dungeon Abilities are optional, all effects are required. The level 3 Disowned has an Aftermath, which is an effect and thus you are required to do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
https://www.twitch.tv/gamerhudson
badge
https://www.instagram.com/gamer.hudson/
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I know that one but one of em has a dungeon ability that does that too which is odd. But I used it to destroy another Disowned so that he in turn would not kill my third hero after the battle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
For clarification, level 2 has a dungeon ability (which is optional).

Disowned
Lvl 1
Physical Attack: 2
Aftermath: Destroy 1 other hero

Lvl 2
Physical Attack: 5
Dungeon: Destroy 1 hero
Aftermath: If equipped with a weapon. Destroy 1 other hero

Lvl 3
Physical Attack: 8
This hero can equip 2 weapons
Aftermath: Destroy all other heroes. Place this card on the top of your deck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stiles
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
killerardvark wrote:
For clarification, level 2 has a dungeon effect (which is optional).

Actually, for clarification level 2 has a Dungeon ability. Village/Dungeon/Spoils/React are abilities, all effects are mandatory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
SaintHax wrote:
killerardvark wrote:
For clarification, level 2 has a dungeon effect (which is optional).

Actually, for clarification level 2 has a Dungeon ability. Village/Dungeon/Spoils/React are abilities, all effects are mandatory.

Just checked out the rulebook and there is a difference between "ability" and "effect". You win this one! I edited my previous post to reflect your clarification of my clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stiles
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
killerardvark wrote:
Just checked out the rulebook and there is a difference between "ability" and "effect". You win this one! I edited my previous post to reflect your clarification of my clarification.

No win, just wanted to clarify (though my post does read a little du%^&@er than I intended).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls