Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr Dove
United States
Las Animas
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the core set for Christmas and just picked up my first adventure pack. I chose the Dead Marshes because it was the cheapest of the first cycle adventure packs.

While going through the cards I noticed that some of the cards had a gold border around their deck symbol. A bit of research taught me about "easy mode".

Since Easy Mode was released later, this AP that I bought must be a recent reprint. If I want to make sure that all my adventures have the "easy mode" pre-marked, how do I Identify a product that was printed later?

edit: I understand that there are lists available but I'm looking for sets that are pre-marked with the appropriate golden border on the icons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
banana
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the support page of the game at FFG's. Section "other rules". It's got a list of the cards to remove when playing Easy Mode.

Alternatively you can go here http://lotr-lcg-quest-companion.com, click on the quest you wanna play, hit the tab "easy mode" on the page that display and follow instructions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louie Knight
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did the Core set have those cards marked as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Onkes
Germany
Norden
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry fpr spam, but I couldn't resist to say:

I love your avatar. It's so freakin' cute...

Louie Knight
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Field
United Kingdom
Sheffield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lpknight21 wrote:
Not originally. Easy mode is quite a new development, but the reprints will have easy mode markings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Dove
United States
Las Animas
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BanjoChutney wrote:
lpknight21 wrote:
Not originally. Easy mode is quite a new development, but the reprints will have easy mode markings.

How do you tell a reprint from an older printing when purchasing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louie Knight
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BanjoChutney wrote:
lpknight21 wrote:

That's what I was asking... He said he recently bought the core set. I was asking if the recently bought core set had the easy mode marks. I have owned the core set from day one, just wondering if there are any changes with the reprints.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
secoAce -
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr_Dove wrote:
BanjoChutney wrote:
lpknight21 wrote:

How do you tell a reprint from an older printing when purchasing?
Look at the the lower right corner below the UPC bar code on the back of the box. It shows the printing date.
My core set box says "1495OCT12". I don't know what the first 4 digits mean, maybe a print count, but the rest indicates this was an October 2012 print run.

The Easy Mode was announced in May 2013. I would think printings around this time and after have the new Easy Mode gold borders.

Maybe we can get some responses from people so we can find out what is the earliest printing with the new border.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Dove
United States
Las Animas
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ins3kT wrote:
It looks like this

thanks. I was able to confirm that my AP was printed in DEC13. My base set was printed in 2012.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Seieroe
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
My core set says JUN13 and there isn't a gold border.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls