United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scubadawg1 wrote:
Um...$150? That seems a bit steep.

Yes, I agree, if it were a normal game. However, I look at this like a 20th anniversary edition, and if that were the case, I think that's fine. I haven't played the originally unfortunately, but this looks and sounds the like the Tomorrow has wanted to be. Think I might be in for this...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peterson
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I own the original and just about all the expansions. It is an okay game, but I own it probably more out of nostalgia than out of a love of playing the game. I cracked out my copy a few months ago with some of my gamer buddies and it really didn't stand up to the test of time. Fun for a bunch of 14 or 15 year olds with itchy nuclear trigger fingers, but truly pales in the face of modern Euros and FFG Ameritrash.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arron Seymour
United Kingdom
PEACEHAVEN
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mb
I have never played this game but do enjoy a light strategy which this seems to be, that said there is no way I would drop $150 plus $25 to ship to me on this game. Ikusa cost £55.00 when I bought it recently and I don't see twice the value in this KS.

My intention isn't to insult the OP, just to highlight my concern over your pricing. I appreciate that KS isn't a pre-order and you are paying to support the game but this looks like a cash grab, specially considering the previously failed KS was $70 for the game.

Just my opinion and once again Im not trying to get anyone's back up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Midnight Reaper
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
I want (to play) them all, and I want (to play) them now!
badge
Let Him Beware!
mbmbmbmbmb
marsbarr wrote:
scubadawg1 wrote:

I hear you. Do you think we should try to offer a cheaper no frills version?

I think so. I would like to back this game, I would like to play this game. I don't have the spare time to assemble a print and play version, and I don't have the spare money to buy this version.

That's me. I can't speak for others, though.

-M_R

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was happy with the price for the components involved. This comes close to the price that I backed a lot of other kickstarters at.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Dang
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if it's wise to offer a no frills version. While it may be nice that you can appeal to both sides, your efforts will be split between 2 different versions of the game. I don't know too much about the production side of things, but from what Jamey of Stonemiar Games said on his blog (http://stonemaiergames.com/kickstarter/, I don't have the exact one, but I recalled reading it somewhere), having multiple versions of a game can be a real headache. He had 3 versions of his game and it sounded like it was a pain in the ass for him to do.

Also, by have 2 products, you will have a lower print run for each no? Customers would be split between those two products. Wouldn't that drive up the price for both products/increase the total needed to fund the project?

Again, I don't have any idea of what goes on behind the scenes,but these are just some questions that popped into my head.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yvonne SparrowSmith
msg tools
Re: Kickstarter! 97% funded and 18 days left to go!
Looks like we are going to fund this time! We are almost fully funded and still have 18 more days til the deadline. We are completely stoked! Thanks for the support and let's keep the momentum going!!

Yvonne
God@commandpostgames.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yvonne SparrowSmith
msg tools
@ricky, very excellent points and precisely why I argued against doing that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Ham
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
midnight_reaper wrote:
marsbarr wrote:
scubadawg1 wrote:

I hear you. Do you think we should try to offer a cheaper no frills version?

I think so. I would like to back this game, I would like to play this game. I don't have the spare time to assemble a print and play version, and I don't have the spare money to buy this version.

That's me. I can't speak for others, though.

-M_R

There's also the issue that the PnP is $35(!), down from the original asking price of $40.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
蓝魔
United Kingdom
Bingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lets see ..

- the starting price is far too high
- its not International (EU) shipping friendly
- you have to pay extra for the unlocked stretch goal expansion

Oh well, nevermind then. surprise whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke O'Hearn
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NeoGenesisX wrote:
scubadawg1 wrote:

Yes, I agree, if it were a normal game. However, I look at this like a 20th anniversary edition, and if that were the case, I think that's fine.

More like the 30th anniversary!

I paid a lot of money for my old Supremacy set and expansions - far more than $150! I recently paid over $200 for Axis & Allies Global. We're not giving our money to a big company like Hasbro. These are hard working die hard Supremacy fans doing what all die hard Supremacy fans have dreamed of for years - reviving the game and fixing the bugs. How much of this dough do you think is actually being pocketed as profit? Probably less than is deserved.

To me this was a snap buy (and I'm a working man from Eastern Canada). Kick-start is now 200% funded, so I'm not the only one!

I like the white oceans. They do what Supremacy's style did in the eighties - they make the game look and feel fresh, distinct, almost eccentric.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.