Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Cooperman
United States
Wellesley
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering if any of you are like me and like to keep a bunch of games in your car or such so you can bust them out whenever possible. I've been thinking about what would make a good long-term storage solution that would still be fairly portable and accessible. Currently I have them in the trunk of my car in a large plastic bin but that's really only keeping them from bumping around more than anything. For these purposes I wouldn't require a way to transport all of my games just a couple big boxes, a board or two and a bunch of card games, maybe some extra accessories like D&D books/dice etc.

I like some of the cheaper plastic stackable drawer type things but those aren't great for travel. I really like the idea of one of those tiered makeup briefcase type things like this (amazon link). I'm willing to invest in something pricier as this would hopefully last a long time and survive trips to cons and the like (airline travel is not a huge concern).
/Rant

Ideally I'd like to hear some of y'all's experiences before I whip out the credit card though so... thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kluessendorf
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
The cause of, and the solution to, all of life's problems. - HS
mbmbmbmbmb
What about an actual suitcase - specifically something with a built in handle and 4 "spinner" wheels? Something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Skyway-Luggage-Wheeled-Expandable-Spin...

You could probably get a used one relatively cheap - like at a thrift shop.

It would even probably have sides that zipper when you open it up. And a hard-sided version would protect your games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Cooperman
United States
Wellesley
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like compartments would be useful for smaller games and accessories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls