Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Amy Murdoch
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heya everyone,

My Fiance and I are going to be flying from the UK to Florida in the summer. I am looking for some games that I can take on the flight that can either be played solo or as a two player game.

I really want something that is going to be fun, challenging and anything that won't annoy the fellow passengers.

We already have Fluxx and will probably take it, but that game is seriously wearing thin with me now.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Squidpigge
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw a picture of Roll Through the Ages: The Bronze Age where they were playing it on a plane. I don't know how well it would work since I don't have the game, but worth looking into. I think something like Jambo would work. I really enjoy it and it would be easy enough to play on two seat back trays. There are small board games like Blokus Duo and City Square Off which would be good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Garcia
United States
Harlingen
Texas
flag msg tools
Hello I Am Jim
badge
Yo
mbmbmbmbmb
Recommend games for an airplane ride with 2-3 Players?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Zdan
United States
Council Bluffs
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Onirim can be played either solo or two player co-op, has a small footprint, perfect for a tray table, is pretty fun and challenging, and comes with a few mini-expansions you can mix in or not to increase variability.

Lost Cities and Love Letter are other good ones for two players on a flight, but can't be played solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Shanmugasundaram
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I guess Pitchcar is right out.

I'm surprised you could manage Fluxx. On a plane, I'd shy away from any game that required any significant tableau. Small pieces would also be a challenge/risk unless they were somehow contained.

If there was any dice rolling, I expect you'd be rolling in a padded cup, or using a closed and padded dice tower so you didn't bother the people around you.

Roll Through the Ages seems workable.
I'd also suggest:
Calypso*
Can't Stop the Turtles*
Cloud 9 (you'd need to rework the board)
Cugolo*
Mr. Jack Pocket
Mosaix
Qwixx
Saint Malo

Asterisked items aren't easy to find.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Kurczyna
United Kingdom
Doncaster
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd go with Mr. Jack Pocket, Citadels, and possibly one or two of the quick card games from Hasbro like Clue Suspect or Monopoly Deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Squidpigge
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hive is another good one. I personally really enjoy Love Letter but feels it isn't a great two player. Get a person across the aisle in on it and you've got yourself a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cecelia Miller
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hive pocket edition
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Squidpigge
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even better. I haven't played Mr. Jack pocket but the original is a blast, a tad big for the plane though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
Games with Two is an excellent BGG blog (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogger/1690/jason-moslander; the main site's gameswithtwo.com). There are a lot of great reviews there. The poor guy who ran it died suddenly last year, far too young.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Murdoch
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the suggestions - definitely going to look at Jambo, Citadels and possibly Mr. Jack Pocket.

I also just funded Province on kickstarter which hopefully should arrive in May which would be in time for my flight. Looks like a nice micro 2 player game all about building

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls