Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Cuthbert
Scotland
Dunfermline
Fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Love zombie themed games, but don't like long gameplay.

I have escape and really enjoy the tension, I have zombicide but have never been able to bring it to the table.

Didn't like last night on earth to be honest..but this game keeps making me come back..looks frantic, just like the Walking dead...2 hours to go and not sure what to do?

Help??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hunnicutt
United States
Arden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
papafuzzylugs wrote:
Love zombie themed games, but don't like long gameplay.

I have escape and really enjoy the tension, I have zombicide but have never been able to bring it to the table.

Didn't like last night on earth to be honest..but this game keeps making me come back..looks frantic, just like the Walking dead...2 hours to go and not sure what to do?

Help??

Are you looking for permission? You have it. There.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was in the same boat as you, decided to pull the trigger and purchase it. If all else fails, i'm sure you wouldn't have any trouble selling it or trading it away, especially with all the KS exclusives as well as the KoT sweeteners.

I have been refreshing the page off and on today and was able to nab a $65 pledge spot as soon as it opened up. So you could always do that. I wasn't aware that people could/would drop out of the early backer spots, but it does happen! Just have to be fast

All in all, i'd say go for it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Cuthbert
Scotland
Dunfermline
Fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think the biggest concern was price to get it to the UK.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
You do realise that it's not really 2 hours to go? The game will be available at retail.

You've got plenty of time to decide whether you want the game or not. And, if you wait, there will be more reviews by people to help you make your decision. And it will no doubt be cheaper.

Just my 2 cents...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Cuthbert
Scotland
Dunfermline
Fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
True..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadges by request, geekmail me for details!
mb
It's definitely on my watch list when it hits retail, no great incentive to back on KS though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Arnone
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
delinear wrote:
It's definitely on my watch list when it hits retail, no great incentive to back on KS though.

Actually, a good reason is that the 2 KoT promos included will likely sell for more on Ebay than you'll save by buying it from CSI or something. If you needed a reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Philpot
Bahrain
Budaiya
flag msg tools
mbmb
To all... It's a shame if you did not go for it as you would have helped get the extra stretch goals which everyone would have got with the game, but if you did not none of us will get now... And for anyone who was on the fence because of international shipping it was perfect for you because it was $10 Worldwide! That was one of the reasons I backed as I always pay over the top for international shipping. I will say shame on you if you did not back as we lost out on the 12 extra search cards and the 5/8 player Campaign, that everyone who backed it or brought it retil after would have got
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerbear
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
1 Million Shogoths Killed and Counting.
mbmbmbmbmb
My six year old wants the king of Tokyo stuff. If you backed it I'm looking to trade

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Dj Silent Bob wrote:
To all... It's a shame if you did not go for it as you would have helped get the extra stretch goals which everyone would have got with the game, but if you did not none of us will get now... And for anyone who was on the fence because of international shipping it was perfect for you because it was $10 Worldwide! That was one of the reasons I backed as I always pay over the top for international shipping. I will say shame on you if you did not back as we lost out on the 12 extra search cards and the 5/8 player Campaign, that everyone who backed it or brought it retil after would have got

Shame on us? Do you back every single game on Kickstarter that has stretch goals? If not, do you feel ashamed for all the other games you're not helping? People have their own reasons for backing or not. I'll be happy to pay the retail price (probably $15-$25 less here than the KS price) for this when it comes out, even without the extra 12 cards and 5/8 player campaign (which is absolutely zero use to me by the way, since I rarely play with more than 4). It's not my duty to make your game better and I'm certainly not going to feel bad for making the right choice for my personal circumstances.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
delinear wrote:
Dj Silent Bob wrote:

Shame on us? Do you back every single game on Kickstarter that has stretch goals? If not, do you feel ashamed for all the other games you're not helping? People have their own reasons for backing or not. I'll be happy to pay the retail price (probably $15-$25 less here than the KS price) for this when it comes out, even without the extra 12 cards and 5/8 player campaign (which is absolutely zero use to me by the way, since I rarely play with more than 4). It's not my duty to make your game better and I'm certainly not going to feel bad for making the right choice for my personal circumstances.

100% this. What a ridiculous contention. I did back it then dropped my pledge because I didn't feel it was good value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hunnicutt
United States
Arden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm actually looking forward to purchasing this at a more reasonable retail price. I've haven't bought Escape: The Curse of the Temple because I felt the price was too high for what it is. But I'd be happy to buy this game for the same price as It looks to have more of a narrative.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Wallace
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
I did back it then dropped my pledge because I didn't feel it was good value.

Why do you think it's not good value?

The way I look at it, it's pretty darn good value. Especially with the King of Tokyo promos thrown in. You can easily fetch $70 on Ebay for those two items alone, thus making Zombie 15' essentially FREE! with all the other extras.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
mb
vandoza wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:

The way I look at it, it's pretty darn good value. Especially with the King of Tokyo promos thrown in. You can easily fetch $70 on Ebay for those two items alone, thus making Zombie 15' essentially FREE! with all the other extras.

Not everyone wants the hassle of dealing with reselling stuff though, and without that plus shipping (reasonable as it is, I usually get free shipping so it's still an added cost) then this is basically MRP with no exclusives as an incentive. Since the game related stretch goals are in the retail version, it's just better value for us to buy it at a discount at retail. Iello even said themselves this was more of a KS for US rather than European backers in another thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
delinear wrote:
vandoza wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:

Not everyone wants the hassle of dealing with reselling stuff though, and without that plus shipping (reasonable as it is, I usually get free shipping so it's still an added cost) then this is basically MRP with no exclusives as an incentive. Since the game related stretch goals are in the retail version, it's just better value for us to buy it at a discount at retail. Iello even said themselves this was more of a KS for US rather than European backers in another thread.

Once again this. I seriously doubt you are going to get $70 for the promos either because they are going to be quite widely available. Also I don't find it cool to scalp people for promos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm planning on putting the KoT promos on eBay and starting the bidding at $0.99.

Does that count as scalping?whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wiser
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What Iello said was that this promo would be available at conventions. At conventions the only way to get a promo such as this is to win a game of KoT with at least six people at the table. I went to Gen Con 2013 and tried to win a Space Penguin as this is the only way you could get on from Iello. Iello does not hand out these promos and thus making it harder to get even attending a convention.

Do KoT promos sell? Yes. They do sell and I can tell you right now that IF you did decide to sell the promo from Zombie '15 I bet my bottom dollar it will pay for your copy of Zombie '15 in itself. Does this mean that you would pay that amount? Probably not. However watch how many people will want it once it is in hand and they read about or see someone using it in their KoT games.

For me, I trade my unwanted promos. While I shake my head at how much such promos run I can not ignore the trade value and that makes it worth my time alone. As for the game Zombie '15? I enjoy Iello's games and feel this had enough worth to merit my investment. Truth told the KoT promo made it worth it alone and I get a game with it for free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls