5 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Too small to be important local tournament rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Spyder Murphy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
So my local club put together another A:NR tournament (Their third) and I was actually able to attend this one which was nice, being that I'm the reason they are pretty much they're playing this game (Real life sucks sometimes).

Names changed to protect the Innocent and all that..

(Prestige/WSW/OS)
1st, Kit/ Custom Biotics (14/3/39)
2nd, Gab/ Haas 1 - upgrades inc (12/2/38)
3rd, CT/ NBN 2 - never advance (10/1/41)
4th, Andy/ NBN 1 - T&B (9/2/31)
5th, Kate/ Wayland 1 - T&B (9/1/33)
6th, CT/ Jinteki 2 (8/2/34)
7th, Reina/ Wayland 2 - T&B (8/2/27)
8th, Whizzard/ Jinteki 1 (8/1/31)
9th, Noise/ Jinteki 2 (6/1/27)
10th, Gab/ Jinteki 1 (6/1/22)
11th, Gab/ Haas 1 (5/1/28)
12th, Gab/ Jinteki 1 (0/0/29)

Wins by ID
Corp
Custom Biotics - 4
Haas 1, - 6
NBN 1, - 2
NBN 2, - 3
Weyland 1, - 2
Weyland 2, - 3
Jinteki 1, - 3
Jinteki 2, - 4

Runner
Kit - 3
CT - 4
Kate - 1
Gab - 4
Andy - 2
Whiz - 3
Reina - 2
Noise - 1

The player that came second won the first tournament, the third place player won the second tournament (Didn't play in the first). Yes I was the person that was playing Kit/ Custom Biotics, have been since their release pretty much (After a brief play with Next).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Shockwave IIC wrote:
So my local club put together another A:NR tournament (Their third) and I was actually able to attend this one which was nice, being that I'm the reason they are pretty much they're playing this game (Real life sucks sometimes).

10 players was enough to get your deck in the "Tournament Winning Deck Archive" for VTES. Congrats on the tournament.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyder Murphy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Right, now that the board has "approved" my post, I'll attempt a brief rundown on how the games went.

Game 1, Chaos Theory/ NBN 2 (Never Advance)
This is against the player who won the second tournament and who came third at the end of the day.

I get to play runner first.
I've only played against him once, my runner came out on top just, and my Biotics version 1 (T&B) won with a reasonable lead.
Straight out the door he scores a Breaking News leaving R&D and HQ open which I hit for honesty sake, but return with nothing, I put a ProF-Con down and use it. He lays down ice and I test it to find Popup's and score a 1 pointer. Over the next couple of turns he gets down a SanSan and starts an Astro script chain. In return I get down an RDI forcing real ICE on to R&D but not before I score my way to 4 points and trash a second SanSan. I take credits and cards looking for a way into the SanSan remote or R&D, while he's drawing cards to continue down the Astroscript train. This changes when I get an Escher and place the 2 Popup's on R&D and start drawing through what he can get to and quickly end the game. 7/4

Corp next, this is Biotics version 2 versus CT.
Average start for myself, while he puts down turn 1 Magnum and starts a credit pile, however this is quickly stopped when he runs R&D turn 2 and loses Magnum to Rototurret, every CT nightmare. This gives me a window to score an Efficiency Committee, this quickly becomes a second one thanks to SanSan and Shipment from. Both sides stall out at this point as I'm not drawing Agendas nor Memories or Shipments, he gets in and kills SanSan, after which I ICE it beyond his reach and strip mine the hell out of some grid reference. Eventually just as the rig starts to get finalised I score the old fashion way 2 ABT's.

While my opponent may of scored 2 or 4 points, at no point did the game feel out of my control.

Round 2. Andy/ NBN 1 (T&B/ Psycho)
This was against the person who eventually came 4th.

Again I'm playing runner 1st. Other than getting loads of starting money his start was nothing special, mine was pretty much average again, though I stalled out for 2-3 turns when City Surveillance got rezzed and then I saw another in R&D. Again, just like the NBN2 in the previous game, ICE appeared to be light which allowed me in to R&D and the Remote frequently (Though not quite at will), this pressure become too much when the RDI's hit the table. He managed to score a couple of points when the City Surveillance was down but that was about it.

Concerning start as Corp as I mulligan in to a 3+1 draw on the Agenda's, but playing as Andy, he doesn't take the window and I recover quickly 2/3 turns later with ICE on R&D, HQ and Remote. I manage to time a Efficiency Committee and shortly after a second 2 pointer, but doing so leaves me broke. He runs HQ twice and gets both the reminding agendas, but Andy is struggling to "fire" and I recover in short order. With the EC scored, the 2x SfSS in hand and SanSan in play I'm scoring anything I draw so all my efforts go to protecting R&D and I lock him out of the game.

Game 3, Haas 1 (Upgrades Inc)/ Gab (Agro)
This is against the 2nd placer and the winner of the first Tournament. He's been playing Haas and Gab since I introduced him and his brother (The TO) to the game in Dec2012. Probably the only person who knows Haas better than me, definitely knows Gab better than me as I've never played Criminals.

Again I'm runner first and keep my hand of 2xRDI and Armitage.
He starts as standard with ICE on R&D and Remote, RDI goes down and I click break Eli 1.0 for an early 2 pointer. He strengthens the Remote with 2 "upgrades". As he only drew 1 card, I run HQ to keep him honest (He likes HQ unprotected as a bluff, and I'm known for "R&D vision") I then put down Armitage and take 4. He scores the "Upgrade". With 2 RDI's I click break in to R&D for a Wotan. He Upgrades the remote with 2 cards and gains credits, I take credits and draw as I've seen the next card, he gains credits and puts a 4th in to the Remote. I run it to find RotoTurret, so I can't touch it, I get more from Armitage and he scores a 2 pointer. (5/4) I click break into R&D again and see Heimdial 2.0 and trash an Ash. His turn he double ICE's R&D and I take a gamble and run it as he doesn't have the 11 to res Heimdail 2.0 and I get in again but get nothing. He gains credits and I draw and Install an R&D Cypher. He gains even more credits, I need decide that I need to make him poor(er) so I run R&D to force him to res the Heimdial, which he does but not before he Res's RSVP, Bugger. That's me out for some time. Over the next few turns I draw looking for Breakers or Tutors and get a Corroder and Crescentus for my efforts. But he's got another card in the remote (Ash, Red Herrings, Corp Troub, and "agenda"). I run R&D and Crescentus down Heimdial with only 6-7 in the corp pool. He draws and advances the Remote twice, I click break in to R&D and see nothing again. His turn he scores a Wotan. The draw just before I got into R&D? My winning agenda. Damn it.

My turn as corp.
Neither of us get a great start, though I get the money which allows me to score an Efficiency Committee after I bait him to using a Inside Job with an Adonis, due to the SanSan (And a second after he trashes the first) I get to 6 points for little return, but just as he gets out a Ninja and Corroder to deal with Rototurret and Eli I stall.

He needs 3 to get into HQ, but he gets 2 back, I have to Res Chimera as Code Gate to keep him out of R&D. So I'm juggling between drawing cards, getting credits to fund Chimera and baiting him to the Remote to slow him down. During this time he Account Siphons me twice and I'm hurting. Again I have 2 SfSS with a Res'd SanSan (Which for him to trash gives me a turn or two breathing due to break and trash costs). I start double drawing hoping to hit a 3Diff (50/50 with the remaining)as I can score it with my remaining counters on the EC.

After about 7-8 turns of the above dance, I get the 3Diff agenda I'm praying for, for the win.

Damn good game.

At the end of 3 rounds, I'm 1st, 2nd is the Person I just played, 3rd is my 1st opponent. So I've got a damn good SoS and my nearest two closest rivals I've already played.

Game 4, Reina/ Wayland 2 (T&B)
For the forth time Kit is up first.
He starts with LOTS of credits, I take the free R&D for a PSF and install Magnum (Magnum, Ninja, Blade and Corroder in the starting hand). Returns with an 11 point Midseasons and I'm thankful that I'm running Magnum. He broke himself with the Midseason's, so I click for 6 and Run R&D trashing Private Contracts, I want him to stay poor. He gains credits to recover, I draw, credits and hit R&D again for nothing. Protected Asset goes down, and just as I get into R&D again Dedicated Response Team get's ressed, Oh, its like that. I take my 2 damage and Trash the DRT I access in R&D. I spend the next couple of turns getting down Gordian Blade, Plascrete and an RDI-which was also in my starting hand.... (And drawing to replace). He scores a HT and Gila during this time. I then run R&D but get stopped by an Archer, I stop it trashing my programs but on R&D, that is a problem. Fortunately, I have an Escher in my hand, so without thinking I use it an move it to HQ, losing two counters from the Plascrete. He responds with 2 ICE down on R&D, I run the DRT trash it and breath for a turn. He strengthens his Remote and gains credits, and I start on R&D again, Static is broken with Blade, I risk it and the next is Woodchopper??! and score 1 point. He knows he is at risk, but he can't do much, other than start advancing the Woodchopper. He's got money, but not the ICE to stop me, he put it on R&D even though I can break through, just so that it slows me down from every turn to every 2. I get down Corroder and am sitting at MU, I run the remote to see what the spread of ICE is, Ice Wall, Archer, 2 Static, Woodchopper and an unres'd Curtain Wall (Saw it via R&D access). He gets the Chopper up to 7, beyond what I can handle, I've been drawing for options but all I'm getting is my resources and I'm at 12 tags (Hit a Snare on a Remote run), Oh and I've seen a Scorched Earth in R&D and he's just drawn it, so I'm on a timer...

I draw and draw and draw I get an RDI great, but I can't get into R&D. I draw a 4th time and my second Escher appears... and I feel the game change. He scores to 4 points (We're both at 4 points now), I credit up Escher and move the Archer and Woodchopper to the Remote, Curtain Wall to HQ and the Ice Wall and 2 Statics to R&D. 4 credits entry fee (with 1 BP), for 3 cards (Or will be). I guess he feels vulnerable as he Oversights the Curtain wall and puts a forth down on R&D, but it will be a Code Gate so I don't care.

With a total cost of 6 real credits for three cards I just pound R&D, 3 turns in still nothing but I see the second Scorched, and see the game start to disappear. He draws 1, Scorched was number 3. I run and see 1 new card, nothing. He draws, next card is Scorched. I run and get Government Contracts for the Game.

Damn, A lot harder than it needed to be.

As great as that game was, me as Corp was very one sided once it got into it. I started badly, Mulligan in to just Flare as my ICE, I drew the second Flare and was about to Hedge Fund, Flare HQ, Flare R&D when I remembered Reina, so stopped the R&D and credit with the 2 Agendas in hand. This decision became moot (Not that he knew it) as his first action was Xanadu, great +2 to all my res costs out the door...He hit R&D for 2 points and started putting his chess pieces in to play (Literally). I Flared R&D as a bluff and baited with a Jackson. He FAO'd the R&D Flare and ran again for nothing, he also trashed Jackson IIRC. I then Roto'd a Remote with Adonis in it, he tried to get in but I paid the 6 to res, I trashed a Knight, though at some point he Pawn'd it back. Over the next few turns Adonis drip feed me, I did try to solve the ICE issue with an ABT, but it dumpped 3 cards (No ICE or Agenda), ABT became a Melenge and abused it for a few turns at which point my money problems pretty much vanished. After this point I don't remember much of the game other than just scoring agenda after agenda, even at one point memories'ing back one to score.

I understand that at this point it is customary to put the deck lists in, so that will be the next post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyder Murphy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder

Identity:
Custom Biotics: Engineered for Success (Creation and Control)

Total Cards: (49)

Agenda: (10)
Accelerated Beta Test (Core) x3
Efficiency Committee (Creation and Control) x3
Project Vitruvius (Cyber Exodus) x3
Corporate War (Future Proof) x1

Asset: (9)
Melange Mining Corp (Core) x3
Adonis Campaign (Core) x3
Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) x3 ■

ICE: (18)
Ice Wall (Core) x1 ■
Chimera (Cyber Exodus) x3
Paper Wall (Mala Tempora) x1
Flare (Future Proof) x2 ■■■
Eli 1.0 (Future Proof) x3
Heimdall 2.0 (Creation and Control) x2
Rototurret (Core) x3
Viktor 2.0 (Creation and Control) x3

Operation: (9)
Hedge Fund (Core) x3
Shipment from SanSan (Second Thoughts) x3 ■
Archived Memories (Core) x3

Upgrade: (3)
SanSan City Grid (Core) x3 ■■■

Total Agenda Points: 20

Influence Values Totals -
Haas-Bioroid: 33
Jinteki: 0
NBN: 21
The Weyland Consortium: 1

Identity:
Rielle "Kit" Peddler: Transhuman (Creation and Control)

Total Cards: (45)

Event: (8)
Stimhack (Core) x1 ■
Test Run (Cyber Exodus) x3
Escher (Creation and Control) x2
Sure Gamble (Core) x2

Hardware: (12)
Akamatsu Mem Chip (Core) x3
Clone Chip (Creation and Control) x3
R&D Interface (Future Proof) x3
Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead) x3

Program: (16)
Corroder (Core) x2 ■■
Mimic (Core) x1 ■
Crescentus (A Study in Static) x1 ■
Femme Fatale (Core) x1 ■
Ninja (Core) x1 ■■
Cyber-Cypher (Creation and Control) x2
Deus X (A Study in Static) x1
Gordian Blade (Core) x3
Magnum Opus (Core) x1
Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control) x3

Resource: (9)
Professional Contacts (Creation and Control) x3
Aesop's Pawnshop (Core) x2
Armitage Codebusting (Core) x2
Kati Jones (Humanity's Shadow) x2

Anarch: 6
Criminal: 4
Shaper: 71

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El Gingo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My 6th place decks:

Identity: It works in Theory...
Chaos Theory: Wunderkind (Cyber Exodus)

Total Cards: (46)

Event: (13)
2x Infiltration (Core)
3x Sure Gamble (Core)
2x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control)
3x Test Run (Cyber Exodus)
3x Scavenge (Creation and Control)

Hardware: (10)
2x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
3x Akamatsu Mem Chip (Core)
3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control)
2x R&D Interface (Future Proof)

Program: (16)
2x Corroder (Core) ■■
1x Disrupter (A Study in Static) ■
2x Garrote (True Colors) ■■■
1x Crypsis (Core)
3x Magnum Opus (Core)
2x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)
2x Torch (Mala Tempora)
1x Sharpshooter (True Colors)
1x Net Shield (Core)
1x Deus X (A Study in Static)

Resource: (7)
2x Mr. Li (Future Proof) ■■
2x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
1x Woman in the Red Dress (Mala Tempora)
2x Professional Contacts (Creation and Control)

Anarch: 5
Criminal: 10
Shaper: 65

Identity: Pick a Card...
Jinteki: Replicating Perfection (Trace Amount)

Total Cards: (54)

Agenda: (13)
3x Braintrust (What Lies Ahead)
3x Nisei MK II (Core)
2x Gila Hands Arcology (Creation and Control)
1x Private Security Force (Core)
2x Fetal AI (Trace Amount)
1x Clone Retirement (Second Thoughts)
1x Profiteering (Second Thoughts)

Asset: (17)
2x Project Junebug (Core)
1x Ronin (Future Proof)
3x Snare! (Core)
2x Zaibatsu Loyalty (Core)
1x Cerebral Overwriter (Creation and Control) ■■
2x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) ■
3x Shock! (True Colors)