Popular Tags: [View All]
Shanda Hoover
United States
Port Orchard
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I swear that I thought I heard someone say very recently that there was going to be a reprint of Glen More, but I can't remember when exactly I heard this or where. Based on "who" I listen to and "where" it seems certain that the likely source would have been on BGG, probably during an audio podcast from the Dicetower or one of their videos or a similar source such as BGG news.

On the other hand, since there is no buzz about this anywhere to be seen I am beginning to think I just dreamed this thing or somehow misunderstood or confused this with some other game that is being reprinted.

So PLEASE can anyone tell me if they have heard a rumor of a reprint as well? and if you have can you remember your source?

(I remember this happened to me with RA as well and it DID eventually get reprinted. I hope the same happens here).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Holzman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did hear of a Vikings reprint, so there is always hope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shanda Hoover
United States
Port Orchard
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mholzma wrote:
I did hear of a Vikings reprint, so there is always hope.

D'oh, I think it was Vikings that I heard about NOT Glen More. soblue

Don't get me wrong, it's great news about Vikings, but I already have it and I really would like to have Glen More.

:sigh: I will keep hoping I guess. Lots of other goods games to play in the meantime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A boy named Sioux
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Judging by the number of times Glen More gets recommended on BGG, I'd say it's only a matter of time. (Trying to be optimistic)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shanda Hoover
United States
Port Orchard
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Siouxfire wrote:
Judging by the number of times Glen More gets recommended on BGG, I'd say it's only a matter of time. (Trying to be optimistic)

While I'm not sure when (or if) a reprint will happen for Glen More I do live in hope. It sure seems to be pretty popular so unless there are legal issues that are holding this one back I agree that it should just be a matter of time.

I've been wanting and waiting for a chance to pick up Biblios for quite some time and them bam, out of the blue, the other day I saw that it was being offered as part of a Kickstarter campaign. So instead of paying the astronomical prices on eBay I am getting a brand new copy for $22. They are being printed now and I should have mine by May or June. Patience and optimism do pay off!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rueben the sandwich
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will counter your patientce and optimism with Glory to Rome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Nakamoto
United States
Montrose
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With Ravensburger now handling their own distribution to North America, I'm not sure how this affects their titles that have been licensed to Rio Grande Games. If they wanted to reprint, they may be contractually obligated to distribute through RGG, thus cutting into their profits. I'm not really sure how all that works behind the scenes, but it sure seems like Ravensburger and RGG have had a falling out of sorts, and aren't in a hurry to help one another out.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Please! cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martina Kessler
Germany
Haßloch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there is a reprint. I found Glen More at a German webshop, available in July 2014

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Wenerstrom
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lealuna wrote:
I think there is a reprint. I found Glen More at a German webshop, available in July 2014

I'm curious to see a link. Can you provide one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stormybriggs wrote:
lealuna wrote:

I'm curious to see a link. Can you provide one?
Let me provide a handy translation:

"I call bullshit. I'll die before I trust a frakkin' rubber duck."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hahn Arama
United States
flag msg tools
I had a guide, a Bedouin man, who called me 'Abu el Banat'. And whenever we'd meet another Bedouin, he'd introduce me as Abu el Banat. And the Bedouin would laugh and laugh and offer me a pint of beer. (cont below)
badge
And I'd go to pay them for the beer and they wouldn't let me. "Abu el Banat" means "Father of daughters." They thought the beer was the least they could do.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think this ever gets reprinted at least by Rio.

Every year at GenCon there is a booth that sells all of Rio Grandes discontinued games at huge discounts. About 2 years ago Glen More was selling for $7

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
lealuna wrote:

I just got a copy directly from Ravensburger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shanda Hoover
United States
Port Orchard
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tigrillo wrote:
lealuna wrote:

I just got a copy directly from Ravensburger

I checked out the German Ravensburger website and did see a listing for Glen More (in German), however the U.S. website does not have a listing... yet. Maybe it will show up in July. Keep the faith.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Transgender pride | Unconditional love, pride, and support | LGBTQ Ally | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my copy a few years back at my FLGS and remember three other lonely and unloved copies sitting on the shelf beside the one I bought. No one wanted them. Wish I'd bought those extra three copies back then, I could almost retire off the profit I could've made. Odd thing is that I'm not a raving fan and have almost traded it away a couple of times, but my oldest son absolutely loves playing, so it's one that's staying in my shrinking collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can definitively state that not only is there not a reprint currently in the works but that there will never be a reprint of this game.

On an unrelated note, I wanted to mention that my copy is up for sale in the marketplace.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Thunkd wrote:
I can definitively state that not only is there not a reprint currently in the works but that there will never be a reprint of this game.

On an unrelated note, I wanted to mention that my copy is up for sale in the marketplace.

$75? YOU SAVAGE!

Anyway I actually don't know anything concrete at all but I do know some fractional bits that indicate that a reprint, someday, is possible.

1) Ravensburger (who owns Alea) has had a falling out with RGG. So they will no longer be co-publishing games together.
2) Ravensburger has been self-publishing games in a multilingual format and distributing them in North America since this fall out - Castles of Burgundy, Bora Bora, Saint Malo, Vegas. But these are all games that were never copublished in english by someone else. Also, they took a VERY long time to show up in North America (but were easily imported from Europe, thanks Amazon.de!)
3) Glen More has just been reprinted in German. I'm not sure if this makes it more or less likely to see it in English, as all their games that have ended up in English were multilingual.

You could easily import the German edition now available. Paste ups would be moderate. I'd expect you could pull it off for about $50.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shanda Hoover
United States
Port Orchard
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
2) Ravensburger has been self-publishing games in a multilingual format and distributing them in North America since this fall out - Castles of Burgundy, Bora Bora, Saint Malo, Vegas. But these are all games that were never copublished in english by someone else. Also, they took a VERY long time to show up in North America (but were easily imported from Europe, thanks Amazon.de!)
3) Glen More has just been reprinted in German. I'm not sure if this makes it more or less likely to see it in English, as all their games that have ended up in English were multilingual.

You could easily import the German edition now available. Paste ups would be moderate. I'd expect you could pull it off for about $50.

I suppose the German reprint might me multilingual. Since I don't read/speak German I was unable to read the details about the game on their website. Ravensburger has many other international websites as well that I could check to see if they also now have copies of Glen More available. If so then it would be likely that a multilingual copy already is circulating.

UPDATE: Alea is apparently partnered with Ravensburger and is publishing Glen More as well. It is listed on the Switzerland website, but not yet in France or the UK. It is available on Amazon.de in "Deutsch, Deutsch translation". Not sure what the Deutsch translation indicates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Oh no. It's definitely German only. You can see detail photos that clearly show this here

http://www.ravensburger.de/shop/grosse-marken/alea/glen-more...

I checked and Amazon.de will not currently ship this to North America. But I'm sure you can find someone who will, if you want it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shanda Hoover
United States
Port Orchard
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I'll keep biding my time. As Tom Vasel always says there are plenty of other great games to play in the meantime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
It is most certainly only in German and I'm not sure whether it is a reprint or not. I have tried getting the game over the last six months through several online shops based in Germany and other European countries who all said it was OOP and not likely to be reprinted. I found a few sellers on the German Amazon but they only ship to Germany. So I asked a German here to help. He found it on Ravensburger's website so that is where I got it from. I am a bit baffled they had it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
OLGS has it in stock:

http://www.greatboardgames.ca/glen-more.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Moe45673 wrote:

FYI does not ship outside of Canada

Also, Alea confirmed there is no english reprint coming in the near future.

http://www.aleaspiele.de/Pages/Forum/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denise Lockard
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
niledesign wrote:
I swear that I thought I heard someone say very recently that there was going to be a reprint of Glen More, but I can't remember when exactly I heard this or where. Based on "who" I listen to and "where" it seems certain that the likely source would have been on BGG, probably during an audio podcast from the Dicetower or one of their videos or a similar source such as BGG news.

On the other hand, since there is no buzz about this anywhere to be seen I am beginning to think I just dreamed this thing or somehow misunderstood or confused this with some other game that is being reprinted.

So PLEASE can anyone tell me if they have heard a rumor of a reprint as well? and if you have can you remember your source?

(I remember this happened to me with RA as well and it DID eventually get reprinted. I hope the same happens here).

If you are willing to play the German version, it is available at Time Well Spent games for a reasonable price. Paste ups will be minimal and the files are available here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Birder
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Denise. Just got one from Time Well Spent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denise Lockard
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay! I think you will love this game

Thumb up