Christopher DeFrisco
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Ah, negative. I am a meat popsicle.
mbmbmbmbmb

This coming Saturday, February 15th is the five year anniversary of our Ashland Library Gamenight! My wife and I started back in early 2009 and have hosted over 60 public gamenights at the library. The gamenight occurs monthly on every 3rd Saturday. We have a fairly large collection of games on hand. The board gaming runs from 5 to 11 pm (with free pretzels and candy!) Please come join us at the Ashland branch library for a lively evening of board games.

To celebrate our 5 years we are having two special events; "Giant Tumblin' Dice" and "Guess The Total"

Giant Tumblin-Dice!

When I was counting dice to put in the extra large jar, I came across the dice from one of those extra large Stack games and thought, "hmmmm." So after collecting wood scraps from the barn, and a few hours of cutting and sanding later, I've created a giant version of Tumblin-Dice to match the 25mm dice that came with Stack. As a matter of fact, I'm trying to find a second copy of Stack. The set with yellow, blue, white... colored dice in order to be able to play with six people!

Guess The Total

We're going to have two 'guess the total' contests. The first is for kids 11 yrs. old and younger. They simply need to guess the number of dice in the jar. The second contest is for everyone else. They need to guess the maximum value possible if all of the dice were rolled at their highest pip count (D20s = 20, D6s = 6, etc). The kids will win a new copy of Wicked Witches Way, and the older folks will win a Chessex Pound-O-Dice. :-)

Win a copy of Mythic Battles!

Our friends at Funagain have once again donated a game for our food-for-games raffle. Bring in one or more non-perishable food items to secure a raffle ticket to win the game. All of the food goes to the Ashland Food Project. Every item gets you a raffle ticket.

Teen Day
On the same day, in the same room, we host a Teen Day from Noon until 3:30 pm. Multiple game consoles are setup (Wii, Xbox...). I bring all of the boardgames used for the game night and the library provides snacks (chips, cookies, fruit...). We pull about half of the kids into the evilness that is our obsession and away from the glitter and glam of the video games. It's a noisy, fun-filled 3 1/2 hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls