Subject: Anybody try adding/printing their own double-sided boards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TtR as is eats up too much space when travelling that it'd be MUCH better to be able to have 8 to 12 different games across 2 boxes than just 2. For the latter situation, perhaps only bring one set of trains. However, many large groups should have a copy of TtR (US) that you could always just salvage those pieces to play another map concurrently

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Horabin
United Kingdom
Hounslow
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
Spearmint - A Different Lifetime
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiya, yeah agree with you on the wasted board space. Have therefore made 4 of the print and play versions; Bretagne, Canada, Lithuania and Emerald State. Maps obviously fit fine on the back of DoW boards and cards, mainly tickets, pretty easy to get together and sleeve. I actually ditched the inners and carry around 4 boards in 2 boxes; Europe/Euro boards, US & world boards; then have my one set of wooden trains, train cards and tickets in a box - travel-themed - I bought separately.

Worth trying in my opinion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hammel
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want Europe / USA double sided map for the sake of space. I own those sets along with Asia and Africa, and they practically take up the entire box on their own. I would be willing to bet Kinkos wouldn't copy the board due to copyrighting and scanning either map in chunks would probably end up coming out looking like smashed ass. Has anyone pulled this off?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheGreatHamEl wrote:
I want Europe / USA double sided map for the sake of space. I own those sets along with Asia and Africa, and they practically take up the entire box on their own. I would be willing to bet Kinkos wouldn't copy the board due to copyrighting and scanning either map in chunks would probably end up coming out looking like smashed ass. Has anyone pulled this off?
Hmm, I'm a bit skeptical that someone at Kinkos would really care about or know about copyright infringement, let alone from board games. FWIW, you can show him your original TtR board, although I'm sure it still doesn't work that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.