Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Robinson
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am considering picking up this game. I noticed the Plaid Hat website is offering extra figures and dice for sale. From reading the forums, it is my understanding the extra figures could be used for various special enemies or extra minions. Would one extra set of figures cover my bases? I understand I may not necessarily need them but if I want to have a figure for every special enemy would one set do the trick?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Harris
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am pondering the same question myself, and from what I have gathered, a single extra set will cover the "special" figures so far for a distinct painting scheme. (But I could be missing something, so wait for another more educated response!)

I will say that ordering an extra set or two of dice will be well used and easily worth the money!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Yes, that's a Japanese CTR ring shield cut in half...
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered an extra set to have a full set of both kinds of rats. One of the elites I made into The Eyepatch Rat whose name eludes me at the moment. I made a boss spider and boss centipede figure also, and painted 10 roaches.

Short answer: 1 pack should do it. One extra dice set was enough for me to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I find one extra set sufficient to paint minions in the style of enemies found in the Heart of Glorm expansion.

If you really need a particularly painted figure for each possible minion, you'd need more sets. For instance, the centipede figure represents the Cave Centipede (regular minion), Skitter-Clak (boss), Frenzied Crawler (Heart of Glorm minion) and Skorch (Heart of Glorm boss).

I think there are five different types of rats (one is a boss), three types of spiders (one boss) and two types of roaches).

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim W
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Plaid hat should offer a minis package meant to fill in all the remaining spots...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Targanth Phelandir
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indygamer wrote:
I am considering picking up this game. I noticed the Plaid Hat website is offering extra figures and dice for sale. From reading the forums, it is my understanding the extra figures could be used for various special enemies or extra minions. Would one extra set of figures cover my bases? I understand I may not necessarily need them but if I want to have a figure for every special enemy would one set do the trick?

Thanks!

One thing that you might not know about the game yet, is that the availability of minion figures can affect the number of monsters that need to be placed.
For example, suppose that there are 4 Rat Warriors on the tile, and a minion surge comes along and indicates that 3 Elite Rat warriors are to be placed. Since the game only comes with 6 Rat Warrior figures, the rules specifically mention that in this situation only 2 elite rat warriors would be placed. I know I would tend to forget this if I had figures for everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.