Hide
4 Posts

WARS Trading Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: How many booster packs for sealed deck? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
hythonia cruel
msg tools
Coming from an MtG background, I'm used to using 6 booster packs for sealed deck. But newer MtG sets are designed for limited play, but I'm not sure that the WARS sets are.

How many booster packs would you recommend for a good sealed deck game, assuming that you are using both WARS sets? What ratio would you use for the packs (2:1 seems logical because one set is twice the size of the other.) Would you still be building 60 card decks, or would you build a 40 card deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Blanco
United States
Shelbyville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It think 40 card decks are good, but I'm not sure how many packs to use (6? 4 base and 2 NTH?).

If you download the Strategy Article from the files section (http://boardgamegeek.com/files/thing/12488), there is a part on drafting. Lots of good strategy stuff there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sinjin Smith
msg tools
There are also cards out there intended for use in draft play. Each faction has a Ganymede ground location (i.e. Ganymede/Pilgrim's Camp for Gongen) and there is a generic space location as well, Ceres/Belt Hideout. I do not know if those cards are easy to come by anymore or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert R
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We don't do draft, but we do a modified sealed: 40 card decks from one starter and 3 boosters each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.