Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Riley
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night, my girlfriend and I were playing M07: The Haven from Prison Outbreak. The two rooms and the rooms with spawns inside the prison and the two adjacent to the spawn points quickly became flooded to the point that we could not place any more zed.

It felt a bit like cheating, but we didn't know what else to do. They aren't standard doors, they're bars and a security wall, so the idea of zombies just breaking them down didn't work.

We also decided that in the prison yard, if we could gang them all up against the fence (using two zones) and pitched a molotov in we would kill them all. I ended up getting 44 points (34 walkers/fatties/runners, 2 Aboms) with this thought. Technically, they all spawned from the one or two zones in the yard, we just had more room to spread out.

How do you guys handle a full zone? Was my molotov legal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
im not sure what you mean by ganging up the zombies against the fence?
do you mean using the "shove" skill to push them into the same zone?

otherwise a molotov kills everything which is in the same/single zone, but it doesnt target more than 1 zone.
note that the fenced-in courtyard contains 8 different zones.

I understand it can be a hassle to position the zombies in their respective zones.
as long as you remember which zone they're in you can position them over the edge of the zone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Riley
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What we did to "gang them up" was to move into the street. Line of sight then had the horde coming towards us. The first pack was all walkers/fatties. The second, held 2 aboms. We held our spot for 2 turns, which would have piled ALL of the zombies into one zone using your spill over idea. Once we had them all at the fence it was just a matter of using the molotov, which was actually a flame thrower.

Spill over is sort of a pain of a technique in buildings. Especially with rooms as small as the prison. We would have had zed pooling in the streets which would've made navigating difficult. We only scored ourselves for the zombies that we actually killed, no imaginary numbers to make up for the spawns we didn't use.

I did, however, draw cards for them regardless. The reason for this was abominations. If I drew any abomination, they would've gone into the pile as they significantly change the heroes tactics. Walkers/fatties/runners were ignored.

If anything, all we did was slow down the leveling of the players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad B
United States
Anderson
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Did it work? Yes.
Was it legal? Yes.
Was it fun? Not really.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing you possibly did wrong is that you can't trap the zombies against the barb wire fence if there's an Abomination in the group and it's stood next to the fence for more than one turn (because it would break through the fence during the first Zombie phase).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.