Subject: Blocking disc to keep cities rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike F
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am 99% sure that you can use a blocking disc to keep a city you already have, simply by placing one on the city box.

But can I check this is right?

The rules say the disc stops someone taking the card. I take that to mean they can't take it from your deck, therefore they can't take the city so you keep it and the associated victory points (obviously until someone removes the blocking disc).

Thanks for any definitive answer. Just making sure it isn't the case that, once the city card is in a player's deck, it can no longer be protected by a blocking disc.

Mike F
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mc Jarvis
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
I speak to improve upon the cacophony.
badge
This heart is meant to convince you that I feel.
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike F
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S├ębastien A
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While that is the most common usage of blocking discs, remember that they can be used to block ANY available card. Because there are many cards which mostly or exclusively benefit loyalists -- Zombies, Vampires, Hide Royalty -- this is a good way to slow down that faction if these cards appear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
coriolis wrote:
While that is the most common usage of blocking discs, remember that they can be used to block ANY available card. Because there are many cards which mostly or exclusively benefit loyalists -- Zombies, Vampires, Hide Royalty -- this is a good way to slow down that faction if these cards appear.

Vampires work nicely for Restorationists too. They don't get the bonus points, but they get the indestructibility and the assassination ability. Both good.

(Last game I played Vampires were out. Hope I'm Loyalist I thought. Restorationist. Then I thought about it. And went vampire. Didn't win, but not because of that.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike F
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A good use for blocking discs, of course, is also to place them on locations where people have piled too many influence cubes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Chick
United States
Tujunga
California
flag msg tools
badge
Vampires are excellent for Restorationists! It means every agent is AA/R and is furthermore invulnerable to madness after assassinating royalty. You still draw a tile, of course, but you won't thin out the ranks of your assassins.

-Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.