Dust» Forums » General

Subject: Material rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Wilting
Netherlands
Vught
flag msg tools
A few years ago, someone else said that the pieces are in high quality, because there would be nothing that breaks from them, while they have much detail for small pieces made of plastic.

Recently I bought this game. I can't tell if it's something that broke off or if it's simply a production flaw, but although the game is complete, one of the orange mechs is missing a leg, making it impossible to let it stand on the board properly to immediately identify it when it's used.

Is there any way to get seperate pieces? I don't think there are any seperate pieces available, because there have been no other releases (expansions or other atributes) for this game. At least not at the store I bought this game. Does someone know anything about this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might try e-bay. I see people selling parts for A&A and Fortress America there all the time. After about 12 parts you're better off just buying a complete game. Dust being much rarer this might not work as well.

However, I've never used all the pieces in the box, I doubt you'll ever need that last Mech, so I wouldn't sweat it unless you really want a complete game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
.308 Jake
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Email Fantasy Flight Games. Their customer service is top notch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plaid Dragon
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had very good experiences with FFG support. I've had a damaged board for Talisman and mal-formed plastic ships for Twilight Imperium.

I contacted FFG for these occasions and they sent a replacement part very quickly... no questions asked other than that of the online replacement part form.

Use the following link:

http://parts.fantasyflightgames.com/

Dust is been OOP for a while but it still shows as an available game when you type it into their form.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Wilting
Netherlands
Vught
flag msg tools
You're right about getting answers from Fantasy Flight Games. Unfortunately, they couldn't do anything helpful, because it seems that Dust is so rare that material is almost impossible to get, especially from them.

If someone would ever want to get rid of his or her copy of the game, would he or she mind about providing me with some of the pieces? I need a few orange Mechs, not because the number of Mechs is incomplete, but because one or two of them are missing a leg to be able to stand on the board in an easily recognizable manner.

As for eBay, no one is selling anything, not even the game itself; not in the European region anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spieler Gott
Germany
flag msg tools
Das ist ein ÜberBadge.
badge
Wow!
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe ask Heidelberger Spieleverlag. At Essen 2012 they sold hundreds of copies for 10€ each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the game page are links to Amazon and other vendors selling complete games. There are about a dozen complete games offerred in the BGG marketplace. And there is one fellow in Spain offering parts.

So if you really want a complete set....

Good luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Wilting
Netherlands
Vught
flag msg tools
I don't need a complete game, just a set of orange Mech pieces. I don't know about this Spanish guy. The chances are great that he already sold his copy of the game if he wanted to get rid of it, because Dust seems to be a very rare game. But if not, I would be interested to know how to reach him.

For as far as I know, Amazon is active in several regions, of which plenty in Europe, but there is no Dutch version of this webshop. I doubt if you can buy anything from the English or German department of Amazon if the order would come from the Netherlands. With eBay, that would probably not be a problem, because every one version (at least in Europe) is practically only a translated version of another, making it international. I'm under the impression that Amazon doesn't work that way and you have to buy items on the version of the country the order comes from.

Thank you, anyway!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
0616william wrote:
I don't need a complete game, just a set of orange Mech pieces. I don't know about this Spanish guy. The chances are great that he already sold his copy of the game if he wanted to get rid of it, because Dust seems to be a very rare game. But if not, I would be interested to know how to reach him.

Look on the game page, Parts for Trade. There are three people offering parts. One of them is in Spain. He only posts a price, which I suspect is for a complete game. But you could geek-mail him and ask. Maybe he'd be willing to only sell a couple of orange mechs. You could even suggest to him that selling individual pieces might be worth more than the complete game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Wilting
Netherlands
Vught
flag msg tools
Hmm... Seems this Spanish guy won't answer. Either he doesn't have the orange mechs I want, or he doesn't check his mail, or he doesn't speak Engligh. In the last case I don't understand why people would then sign in here. I think English is the language in which you must communicate on this site, isn't it? If he doesn't speak English, chances are small that he will be able to sell anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.